Chapter 25

I jogged downstairs, Jeff at my heels. I couldn't handle the anticipation, and apparently neither could Jeff.

    It was early in the morning. Slender wanted everyone to wake up extra early so that the winners could get go ahead and start the trip.

The winners would be on their way as soon as they had their bags packed.

"Today is gonna be crazy." I said, opening up the cabinets and grabbing some cereal.

"Yep." Jeff replied absentmindedly. I poured some milk in the cereal and sat down at the kitchen table by Jeff.

"You guys ready to get your *sses beat?" I heard BEN say as he entered the kitchen. I ignored him, resisting the urge to strangle him. Jeff tensed up, but thankfully before he could do anything Slender appeared.

"Today it's just going to be a head to head fight. We don't have time for any other of my games, sorry for the disappointment." Slenderman told us, "The other proxies are waiting at the arena."

My body was pumping with anticipation. I could finally hurt BEN without getting in trouble! Jeff relaxed, and I could tell he was thinking the same thing.

"Ready?" Slender asked. Before we could respond I felt a shock, and my vision went black. When everything cleared again and I could see, Jeff and I were side by side in the arena.

It was the same arena I fought the Rake in. Except this time there were weapons in the middle and there were more ledges on the side.

"There will be no killing today. When the other team surrenders the game will be over. No damaging the other team's eyes, either. Have I made myself clear?" Slenderman's voice boomed over the arena.

"Yessir." we all said. BEN's eyes went jet-black and blood started rushing down his cheeks. A chill went up my spine.

"Ready? 3...2...1..GO!" Slender counted down. I shifted into my wolf and immediately charged toward BEN. Jeff raced to the knife in the middle of the arena and Toby went for the hatchets, while BEN snatched the sword up right as I pounced.

BEN and I met mid-air, crashing into one another. I snarled and threw my weight onto him, pressing my paws on his shoulders. A loud thump sounded as I pinned him to the ground. His sword flew out of his hand.

BEN punched me in the nose, causing me to recoil for a split second in pain. I was about to tear him to pieces for that but then scorching, fire burning pain split across my fur.

I jumped off of him, bellowing in pain. The feeling went away a few seconds later, but as I gathered my wits he charged at me with his sword in hand.

I rolled to the side, his attack barely missing me by an inch. He turned around and a ball of flame formed in one of his hands.

WHAT!? I thought, panicking slightly. He hurled it at me and I ducked beneath it, lunging at him once again.

But he was ready and he dodged, his sword slicing my ribs. It burned fiercely, but I pushed through and whipped around. He was already beating me up!

He ran forward, and I did so too. I couldn't think straight, I was too pissed off. Right as we met in the middle he jumped in the air, landing behind me and slashing my hind leg.

    Fire-like pain shot up my leg like someone dipped a needle in alcohol and jabbed it in my wound. I lifted it from the ground and yipped in pain.

"Surrender." BEN ordered, directing his sword at me. When I didn't respond he attacked me once again, leaping onto my back and slashing it.

    The pain was awful, but my adrenaline allowed me to endure it easier. Anger surging beneath my pelt, I snarled and gnashed my fangs angrily. I tried desperately to get him off but he was pushing me to the ground.

This can't be happening.. I thought. I scanned the arena for anything useful, trying to keep from surrendering even though it was tempting. The slashes got more brutal as he wrestled to keep control. I roared in fury, tossing myself around so fast he lost his grip.

    I gathered my wits and began racing toward one of the ledges, limping from the cut on my leg.

I leaped onto one, slipping a little. I didn't look to see if BEN was following me. I kept on jumping from ledge to ledge until I got as high as possible. My legs were shaky and my heart was pounding on my chest.

BEN hopped up onto the ledge I was on, advancing toward me. I backed away slowly.

"You can't run." BEN chuckled. I kept on backing up until I got to the very edge.

"Looks like you're cornered." he said, pointing his sword at my snout. I shifted into my human, and took a deep breath.

I dove under his sword and his legs, using my elbows to hit him behind the knees before he could react properly. I learned that move from Jeff. He fell forward, signaling that I successfully dead-legged him. He grunted and hit the ground. I jumped up and whirled around.

BEN immediately got up and faced me.

"That's a dirty trick." BEN growled. Flames formed from his fingers but I had had enough. I shoved him backward before he could throw the fire. He slipped and fell from the ledge, but I knew the rules.

I grabbed his wrist before he could plummet to his death, even though I really wanted to let go.

"I surrender! Just don't let go!" he yelled, squeezing his eyes shut. I smiled, satisfied.

I enjoyed his fear, to be honest. He had been an actual sh*t head in those games, so he deserved it. I heard Jeff and Toby still attacking each other, but I knew that Toby would probably surrender once he saw he was outnumbered.

I pulled BEN up, releasing his wrist. He seemed relieved.

"BEN has surrendered!" Slenderman announced, appearing on the ledge beside BEN.

"Lovely job, (Y/N)." Slender complimented. I flashed him a smile. They both teleported away and I shifted back into my wolf. The burning on my ribs and back had ebbed away into faint stinging, so it was easier to focus.

I jumped down from ledge to ledge and sprinted to where Jeff and Toby fought. Blood was spattered all over the both of them but neither of them broke focus. I raced up beside Jeff.

Toby's eyes widened as he saw me, and I knew he knew he would lose. Jeff and I met blow with blow and dodge with dodge.

I slashed at Toby's feet while Jeff kept him busy. After only a minute of this Toby dropped his hatchets and said, "I surrender!"

I shifted into my human and grinned triumphantly.

"We have our winners!" Slenderman said.

Slender appeared in front of Jeff and I, tossing us both a first-aid kit. I wasn't too badly injured in my human form, it was mostly in my wolf form.

"Jeff, could you wrap my leg?" I asked. Jeff was mostly covered in Toby's blood, with some gashes here and there.

He huffed, but when I shifted he cleaned out my wound on my ribs, back, and on my hind leg. Then he wrapped my leg injury.

"Thanks." I said when I shifted back into my human. He shrugged. I could tell he was happy, though.

"Looks like we'll get our revenge after all." Jeff said, "Now let's go pack a bag and get out of here."

I nodded in agreement, excitement bubbling in my soul.

***

Hope you guys liked this chapter. If ya did by any chance, maybe you could vote and stuff. Thanks if you've read this far lol

Thorn, Out