Chapter 17

I dove off to the right, barely dodging the tentacle shooting my way.

I rolled under another one that bolted above my head, missing it by a centimeter. Leaping in the air, I snapped my jaws on it before Slenderman could reel it back. But of course I didn't bite down too hard.

I had been training for a few days. Slenderman would come and wake me up right before the sun came up and trained me all throughout the day and into the night until he thought I could rest.

I wasn't sure if I was useless or not, but Slenderman did say I was a fast learner. I didn't know if he meant in training or learning to keep my head down in the mansion and staying on Jeff's okay side.

"(Y/N), you need to focus." Slenderman sighed.

"Sorry.." I apologized, paying attention again.

"Back to your dodging." Slenderman said.

"Yessir." I still said 'sir' despite his wishes for me to just call him Slenderman. I don't know why, it just felt right.

I took a deep breath and focused, crouching down and looking at Slenderman.

His tentacle bolted forward once more. I rolled under it and charged toward him. Another one blocked my way, ready to strike at me. I dove under it, swiping at it from below.

I quickly got back up and continued sprinting at him. Suddenly, I heard a rustle in the bushes. I perked my ears and glanced at where the noise came from.

"Umph!" I grunted as Slenderman slammed me against a tree with his tentacle. I had only looked away for a split second!

"What did I say about focusing!" Slenderman huffed, releasing me.

I didn't respond, mostly because I couldn't. I couldn't speak in wolf form, obviously. So I bowed my head instead.

"Again!" he ordered.

I shook out my fur and bent into a defensive position once again.

We did this for a long time, until night started approaching.

"C'mon, you can do better than that!" Slenderman said.

He tightened his grip on me, making me groan.

"I'm not going to let go of you, you have to do it yourself. Then I'll let you go inside and rest." I was exhausted, but I was used to it.

His tentacles were tightly wrapped around my torso and all of my legs. He was standing a couple feet away from me. Maybe if I shifted he would drop me, then I could shift again and attack him.

I'll never know if I don't try. I thought. He could read my mind, but I was pretty sure that for the sake of my training he stayed out of my head because let's be honest, I probably wasn't going to face a lot of competitors that could read my mind.

I turned into my human form, and just like I had predicted, he lost his grip and dropped me.

I immediately shifted once more and leaped forward, tackling Slenderman to the ground before he could comprehend what was happening.

He made an 'oof' sound as he collapsed beneath my weight. Excitement flooded in my chest. It was rare that I actually got a hit. But I mean, I felt pretty accomplished considering that he was stronger than many other supernatural beings.

"Nicely done." he complimented as I got off of him. I yipped, my tail wagging as if it had a mind of its own.

"Alright, you can go inside now."

I was pretty happy. Over the course of those last few days, I had gained more control over my wolf spirit and I had learned to control myself around blood.

I changed into my human and walked to the door.

"(Y/N)," Slenderman called before I could go inside.

Oh great. I was so close! I thought, looking at the door wistfully.

"Yes?" I responded reluctantly, chasing the thought of acting like I didn't hear him away.

"I think it's about time the others find out about your power. And I know exactly how they will." he said.

"Really?!" I couldn't believe it! Did that mean I wasn't useless?

All of the sudden, I was tackled to the ground. I gasped, bracing myself for impact.

"I thought she would be faster." I heard Jeff's voice from on top of me. I grunted.

Since Jeff and EJ were the only ones that knew about my power they helped train me with Slenderman. But neither of them were supposed to be at this training session and I was not expecting to get tackled.

"You need to be more alert." Slenderman advised.

"I can't help it." I groaned. I was so sore, and Jeff attacking me did not help.

Jeff puffed and got up, removing his blade from the back of my neck. I got to my feet, trying not to wince from the soreness.

"As I was saying, tomorrow we are going to reveal your powers to the others." Slenderman finished.

"Does that mean I'm not useless?" I asked.

"We won't find out until tomorrow." he sounded almost excited. What did he mean? I shuddered.

"What exactly is she gonna have to do?" Jeff questioned, looking interested.

"That is none of your concern, Jeff," Slenderman faced me, "All I can tell you, (Y/N), is to be prepared."

Jeff shrugged and began walking toward the mansion. I followed, wondering what Slenderman could possibly be thinking. If only I had his mind reading powers.

"What do you think Slenderman is gonna make me do?" I asked Jeff.

"No clue." he answered without looking back at me.

"Do you think it'll kill me?"

"I don't know and I don't care." he growled.

We walked inside and went to the kitchen to eat dinner. The table had a couple of other proxies sitting at it, including the clown dude. I was not in the mood to see that guy, but my hunger influenced my decisions and I ended up sitting at the table anyway.

EJ was eating some sort of organ, as if it was normal. He gave me the creeps. We barely ever said a word to one another, even in training. I sat down across from him.

After I finished eating, I jogged upstairs. I was getting better at finding my way around the place.

I pushed the door open to Jeff's room. He ignored me, as usual, and continued doing his thing.

I laid in the corner on my back, looking up at the ceiling. I couldn't help but feel anxious for tomorrow's events.

"I'm probably gonna die tomorrow." I said to myself.

"Hopefully." Jeff responded, sounding serious.

I ignored him. I was actually pretty down about it. I didn't want to die yet. I survived so much, came so far, but it was all for nothing.

I wished I could have lived a normal life. A life where I didn't have to constantly look behind my back. A life where I could laugh and love. A life where I could play with my friends and hug my parents everyday.

I soon fell into a troubled sleep. It felt like I woke up every five seconds. After waking up about a million times, I finally fell into the world of nightmares.

***

Hope you guys enjoyed! Sorry these last couple of chapters weren't very eventful. But don't worry, next chapter will definitely make up for it.

Thorn, Out