Chapter Twenty Nine

"I'm nervous Keyshawn," I said as my leg bounced up, and down in the car.

"For what you already spoke to her Trinity." He started laughing at me like my nervous break down was funny.

I had never really met someone's mom if it wasn't just a friend's. His mom meant a lot to him, I knew that was his world from how he talks so highly about her.

He was a momma's boy, and I knew her opinion would have an effect on his decision with me."You're going to be fine T. She not going to be rude, and all that other shit."

"Well, that's how it is in the movies!" Laughing at me he shook his head stopping at a red light.

"Trinity look at me." He said grabbing my face turning it around. I was so worried I didn't care about him touching my face.

"You're going to be fine. Yes, I care about my mother's opinion, but who I'm with, or will be with is my decision. Got it?"

Nodding my head he frowned at me. "I don't want a nod I want a yes daddy."

Smirking I pointed to the light that had now turned green.

"Not until you say it, I'll make all these people wait." He said referring to the honking cars behind us. Where we're turning it wasn't enough space for them to go ahead of us.

"You gon' make all those people wai-" Interrupted by another beep, he leaned back with his arms folded.

"Yes, daddy." Pulling off I saw the smirk on his lips, that played with my heart.A few seconds later I tried to get my nerves together, but it didn't work. Slowing down the car he turned around beginning to park.

"You ready?" I was asked as I looked outside the window. It was an apartment building, that was somewhat similar to one I use to live in.

"Yea."Getting out the car I waited for him to come around on the sidewalk, as we walked in the building.

"Ayo Keyshawn hol' up," A little boy around the age of eleven or twelve said rubbing up to us.

"Wassup' DJ." Dapping each other up, I smirked at the little boy with light brown skin, and four braids going back in his head that was raggedy.

"Who this?" He asked looking me up, and down.

"This my girl Trinity."

"Hi."

"Aw she adorable, wassup." He said making me laugh at how he played me like I was his age.

"Let me get twenty dollars." He said handing his hand out as Keyshawn shook his head.

"What makes you think I got a dub on me?"

Straight facing him, I laughed.

"Come on I'm trying to get my braids redone, my mom trippin'"Going into his pocket, I watched him nod his head.

"I can do it for you," I said as he raised his eyebrow.

" I don't know. I don't really let anyone touch this good hair." He said patting his hair like a ghetto bitch would in the hood.

"Boy," I said busting out laughing at all my nervousness was gone, shocking myself and Keyshawn. He knew I wasn't a people person.

"What type of braids you want?" I asked looking at his long hair. "I just want two French braids. I'll come upstairs with y'all since I washed my hair. I appreciate it is."

"No problem."Letting him walk in front of us Keyshawn smirked at me.

"Ain't nervous no' mo huh?" He whispered as we went in the elevator.