CHAPTER 48

"Ye kiska ghar hai Shivaay?" Anika asked after looking at the house in front of her eyes which was simple but elegant in its own way. It doesn't look like someone is living here but it's highly maintained, whether it be the garden or the veranda.

"Andar chalo" he said and she opened the gate.

As she read the name plate, it was written "Lakhmir Singh Oberoi and Kalyani Singh Oberoi" and she immediately understood to whom this property belongs to.

"This is the place where Dadi and Dadu started their journey of marriage." Shivaay began.  He had a different spark in his eyes which didn't go unnoticed my Anika and she smiled.

"Bachpan me dadi kaha karti thi ki shaadi ek aisa Bandhan hai jo do dilon ko saath janam ke liye baandh deta hai and I always used to laugh saying that it's impractical and illogical as well." he chuckled and took Anika's hand and they went inside the house. There were minimal furniture but it had its own magic because there was the love of the old couple.

"Dono ne ek saath hi shuruat ki thi and Dadu humesha kehte the ki agar Dadi na hoti to shayad Oberoi Empire bhi na hota aur unka saath hi unki taakat hai" he continued. She held his hand tight and hugged him instantly.

"Apko dadu ki Bohut yaad aati hai na?" she asked.

"Hmm" he nodded and rested his chin on her shoulders.

"Ab ghar dikhaiye" Anika said and was about to break the hug but he pulled her more towards him.

"Thodi der raho na aise, accha lagta hai" he snuggled more into her neck and their heart felt the warmth of each other.
Sometimes actions are enough to portray the love for the person and words aren't needed.

They broke the hug after 5 mins and it felt like eternity.

"Zyada bada ghar to nahi hai par dono ne Pyaar se banaya hai ye ghar" he said.

"Waise unki love story to batai nahi aapne" Anika demanded.

"Chalo baitho. Mai batata hun".

They sat on the bed of the bedroom and Anika was keenly observing his moves.

"Dadu ne dadi ko pehli baar mele me dekha tha aur bas love at first sight ho gaya tha. Wo unhe khat bheja karte the jinme unki kavitaayein hoti thi"

"Aww.. How romantic" she said.

"Anika, I told you before, Aww thik se bolo with proper expression" he insisted

"That's not important here. Aap story continue kijiye" she whined.

"To mai kaha tha?"

"Bed pe" she replied.

"O shut up with your lame jokes" he said.

"Ha yaad aya. Dadi ke gharwale unki shaadi kahi aur karana chahte the aur baat kafi had tak aage bhi badh chuki thi. Unhone ye Dadu ko bola aur bas Dadu nikal pare unka rishta pane ke liye. Par Dadi ke father ne unki Bohut insult ki calling him jobless."

"Phir kya hua? " Anika's interest grew.

"Dono bhag liye" and Shivaay laughed.

"seriously?" Anika couldn't believe.

"Haa as they love each other very much aur Ishqbaazi kuch bhi kara sakti hai insaan se" he said and looked into her eyes and then her lips.. Those pink inviting lips were trembling.

"Kafi Acchi love story hai par har kahani ki happy ending nahi hoti Shivaay" and a lone tear escaped her eye but he rubbed it in the next moment from her cheek.

"I hate tears Anika,  specially in your eyes" he said.

"Bas dosti hi hai Shivaay aapki aur mai ise kabhi khona nahi chahti. Aap bohut lucky hai ki aapko itni acchi family mili hai jo ek dusre pe jaan chirakte hai and look at me Shivaay, itni unlucky hun mai. Koi bhi nahi hai" and she burst into tears. He went near her and joined their foreheads.

"Don't say ki tum akeli ho. Me and my family are always there for you aur ye tumhari bhi family hai jo tumse utna hi pyaar karti hai jitna mujhse. Agli baar agar kuch aisa waise kaha na to daat tod dunga tumhara" and laughed while she narrowed her eyes.

"Waah Wah.. Mai to jaise dekhti rahungi na ki ha mariye mujhe. Apki bhi haddi tod dungi" she said. This time too Shivaay was successful in diverting her mind.

"Let's see" and he hit her with the pillow.

"How dare you Shivaay" she took another pillow and hit him with equal intensity.

"Badtameez, pati ko marti ho" he said dramatically and she led out a chuckle.

"Haq hai mera" and they began to fight with the pillows.  She was following him and he was running but suddenly her legs slipped and she was about to fall.. But why fear when Shivaay is there. He held her protectively by waist and both landed on the bed and it led to an ACCIDENTAL LIP KISS!!

THANKS FOR READING

ANNE