Chapter 12

Jin qing was supposed to be at her first meeting today.

A long carriage ride and many bodyguards went with her to the city that has been recently been held under siege.

The siege was still early, and they were able to smuggle Jin qing in, though she ended up walking in herself with her maids waiting outside.

In her simpler version of her white cape, she walked into the commander's tent, only to be stopped.

"Stop!" A solider said "You are on a military field! Leave now!"

"I have every authority to be here." Jin qing said, "Allow me to go in."

"No miss! I must not!"

Jin qing stared him down. Though she was shorter and much more petite,  she spoke with such authority the solider got a little nervous. "Why not?"

"You are a lady, and ladies aren't supposed to be here."

Jin qing sighed "Has the emperor not told you I was going to come?"

"No, who are you?"

"Let me in, and you will find out."

"No miss, I-"

He never got to finish his sentence, because Jin qing already went in.

The young generals hunched around a map arguing about the best way to break the siege. None of them noticed Jin qing until she cleared her throat.

"Who are you!" One exclaimed.

I should have worn my ultimate one. Oh well, that doesn't matter now. Jin qing sighed.
Out of her pockets, she took out a jade disk the emperor had ordered for her.

The general gasped and knelt. "Greetings to the Xue xian!"

"Rise." She said softly and stepped up to the table. "What's the situation?"

"They outnumber us and has us surrounded except for that one section." One said "Their leader, General Qi Yong is commanding the fight."

The name shook the two other commanders, but Jin qing remained calm. "What do we know about them?"

"We don't know much, but we know it's big."

Jin qing mentally laughed
This wasn't the first time she had to deal with situations like this.

"Tomorrow, since it is late already, we use fire as a friend." Jin qing said. "It hasn't rained in this area for a few weeks, which gives us an advantage. How are our supplies looking?"

"Low, but enough to last this seige for another week."

"Then we burn their armies. We send prisoners to run among their ranks, spreading oil and such, and we light them ablaze. As they burn and are disorganized, we charge out. The seige weapons are our priority, then the general." Jin qing said, moving little pieces that represent soldiers.

"But that is such a big risk! This is a massacre, bloodshed to the highest amounts, this is impossible!" He shouted. He shook an angry finger at Jin qing "I don't know why the emperor sent you here, but this is madness! We are not sending our troops to death!"

"All battles and all war needs bloodshed to proceed." Jin qing forced herself to remain calm "then what do you propose?"

He swiftly picked up the troops and passed them through a tunnel. "We send them there as a diversion. Then, we do a frontal charge."

Jin qing couldn't believe how stupid this man is.
"Call me insane if I'm wrong, but their general is not an idiot. Look at the positions of their troops. That tunnel is theirs now. We try and use it, more will die."