Chapter 46

A week later after the fire and the escape of the Wei prisoners, Jin qing looked up from her daydream at the sounds of the heavy metal door outside unlocking.

Well, truth to be told, she was terribly bored from being locked up all the time, but this worried her a little bit.
Who could it be? If Shen Feng and Tian Xiang really are off on a military campaign to crush the Wei in her absence, who could it be?

Could it be Yu qi? But she had specifically told her never to visit her during the day and if there are no special matters that should be brought to her attention.

But... Compared to the person that came down, Jin qing almost wished that Yu Qi had defied her orders and came to visit her anyway.

"Jin qing," Huan le smiled, walking down the cold stone steps elegantly. "It's been quite a while since we last saw each other, no?"

Jin qing gritted her teeth, but she couldn't move freely. "You- Why are you here-"

"Why I heard of Shang ye's brilliant escape and I knew he was going to go back to the Wei and tell on me." Huan le walked up to the bars of the cell with a smug smirk. "I knew that if I didn't leave before he arrived, I would be executed."

"That's exactly what you deserve."

"Me?" Huan le placed her hand on her chest, her eyes shining with malice. "Why, I'm just a maiden who is trying to make her life better. You just so happened to get involved."

"I just so happened to get involved? As soon as you involved yourself with Shen Feng, you knew I was going to be a part of this."

Huan le shook her finger, still smiling "it came to me as a surprise though. The high and mighty Xue Xian isn't even from the Wei! And who knew? The Xue xian is also the infamous Wu Xin, who assassinated so many important figures in the Wei?" Huan le looked down on Jin qing "I wonder how the people in the Wei will react when they find out..."

"Do you really believe the rumors?" Jin qing rose her eyebrow "do you really think a child less than the age of ten would be able to do all that? She had other assassins kill in my name so people would fear me. I really didn't think you'll be this stupid."

"I don't need to be that stupid to know that the Wei wouldn't believe you." Huan le had a smug smirk plastered on her face "I don't need to be that stupid to know that Xi Jian won't believe you."

Jin qing paused.

"Tian Xiang and Shen Feng are on their way to crush the Wei as we speak." Huan le studied her perfectly done nails and peered at Jin qing through them. "I imagine Tian Xiang is heading back now, but I doubt your brother-"

"He is not my brother-"

"Don't interrupt me." Huan le smiled sweetly "I'm quite a good friend to Tian Xiang and Shen Feng trusts me. It's a wonder what some sweet-talking can do... I'm sure I can make a few arrangements for you." Her eyes flickered over the torn rags Jin Qing was wearing and scoffed "oh, how painful must it be for you."

"Your death will be ten times as painful as what I'm going through." Jin qing promised.

"I'll be going now." Huan le announced and started to walk away. "My death will be ten times as painful? My, if you live long enough to see to that, that is."

Jin qing sighed and rubbed her hands on her face.

"She's right, isn't she?" She said out loud to herself. "The Wei is not going to trust you as much as they did before once they find out who you are."

But even with that thought in mind, Jin qing still wanted to try to go back once she escaped. Perhaps her years of faithful service would cancel the crimes out.