chapter seven

PLEASE COMMENT YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL. I NEED TO KNOW OPINIONS.

---------

            Jane woke the next morning feeling extremely groggy. She weirdly felt hungover, which was strange since she didn't remember going out at all. In fact, the more she thought about it, the more she realized she didn't remember a single thing after she got off work. Her memory stopped the moment she clocked out.

She slowly got out of her bed and went towards her bathroom, wanting to wash her face immediately. The moment she reached the mirror, she frowned even more. Jane had a full face of makeup on, and she wore a short tight blue dress with black tights on. She couldn't recall ever even owning makeup nor these clothes. Jane was alarmed but regardless started to wash the makeup off.

She was unsure what was happening to her. Why couldn't she remember what happened after her shift at the diner last night? And why was she dressed in these clothes?

That's when Jane noticed the lack of hallucinations and voices.

Although she hated them, she was extremely concerned why all of a sudden she had a clear mindset.

Did this all have something to do with the night before? Did her hallucinations do something to her? Did she finally break?

Jane went back to her room to change out of the clothes and into something for her next shift, which was in a good hour. She slipped on a pair of jeans and a white long sleeve shirt. Jane picked up her phone to see if there would be anything on there that would help piece together the previous night.

On her phone, she went through her texts and emails to find nothing unusual. It wasn't until she reached the calls she made last night that she found something odd. Apparently, the night before, she made six calls to the same number. It was a number she had never seen before. Her finger hovered over the number, debating on whether she should call it or not. She was afraid on what could be on the other side of that number. Did she want to keep digging for answers? What if she didn't like what she found?

After another thirty seconds of indecisiveness, Jane finally decided to call it. She held the phone up to her ear as she heard the ringing, her anxiety increasing by the second. The ringing felt like it was going on forever when finally someone answered. The voice was clearly male and sounded rough. "Hello?"

Jane hesitated. Deep down, she had hoped no one would answer. The voice spoke again, getting clearly annoyed. "Hello? Anyone there?"

"Uh- Hi." Jane blurted out, unsure what to say. She had no clue who this person was. "Sorry, My name's Jane. Uh, I just- I found this number in my phone. Who is this?"

Immediately, the person hung up, making Jane frown. Who was that person, and why did they hang up on her? Did they know who she was?

Jane had a million questions, but the main one was what was happening to her? She had never experienced anything like this before. She wanted to know what she did last night. Why had she called this number? And why did the voices and hallucinations suddenly stop?

--------------------------

When Jane checked herself into work, she was almost immediately bombarded by her co-worker Katy. Katy had come over to her with a huge, knowing smile on her face and embraced Jane very tightly. "Hey girl!"

Jane felt her body go stiff. Why was this girl hugging her? "Uh, hey."

Katy let go but kept a close distance. "Crazy night last night, right? Wow girl, you really know how to party."