chapter twenty-two

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL

---------

                 The lights in Arkham had been shut abruptly off, as the power in Gotham had gone out due to the explosion at the power plant. As it was the middle of the night, inmates were in cells that were suddenly unlocked, letting them go free throughout the halls. The red lights outside Jane's cell danced across her floor from all the people, but Jane was not one of them. She laid in a ball on the floor shaking from her hallucinations. She hadn't recovered from Dwight's visit and had been seeing Jerome like crazy.

Look at her, so weak.

What happened to the all the progress we made? What happened to that girl who killed all of those people?

Jerome will whip you in shape. Beat this weak bitch out of you.

Jane shook as she rocked her body back and forth, trying to calm herself down. She couldn't let them win. Jerome wasn't coming back. He wasn't. He couldn't. People don't come back from the dead. It's unnatural.

However, as these thoughts were entering Jane's mind, the reason all of this was happening walked down the hall, with only Jane on his mind. Jerome Valeska had just been risen from the dead and just killed Dwight in order to knock out the power of Gotham. Gotham had to go crazy and it seemed here in Arkham, it had. When he first heard his younger sister ended up in Arkham, Jerome couldn't help but laugh. Of course that scrawny little good for nothing got locked up. However, he was intrigued to find out why. When he showed up, he had many people wanting to help him. His followers had taken jobs everywhere.

Jerome walked further, swinging his gun around in his hand while watching all the inmates tear at each other and scream. Then he stopped in front of his sister's cell and secured the gun in the waist of his pants before opening the door. "Ohhhhhh, Janey." He song as his eyes adjusted to see his sister in a ball on the floor rocking back and forth.

Jane jumped when she heard the voice. She looked up from her ball and visibly gasped at the sight of her brother. Instantly, she started crying as she stared. No. No. No! This wasn't happening. "Get away from me! Please!" She yelled at him. Jane ducked her head into her knees. Her voice getting weaker. "Please, I've had enough of you today."

Jane peaked up from her ball to watch (what she hoped was a hallucination of) her brother turn to his side to a man standing there. That made Jane frown. Other people could see him. Was this real? The light adjusted and revealed her doctor, Dr. Johnson standing next to him with a crazed look on his face. Oh my god. This was real.

Jerome motioned towards her sister. "What's wrong with her? Why is she in here?" He smiled at Jane's horrified face had tears streaming down it. Nothing was like being back from the dead and watching his sister cry once again because of him.

Dr. Johnson answered quickly out of excitement for Jerome. "She had a psychotic break and started hallucinating voices and you. According to her, a hallucination of you made her kill fourteen people."

Jerome turned back to his sister and laughed. Jane flinched. It sounded so real. How did he come back from the dead? That was supposed to be impossible! More tears started streaming down her face, she couldn't stop them. She was absolutely terrified.

Jerome moved towards his sister, grabbing her by the upper arm. "I knew we were related." He tightened his grip as he dragged her out of the cell. "Let's go, Janey! I've missed you, and I have some fun planned for us."