chapter eleven

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL

---------

                       It had been a long night. Jane had continued to call the number over and over again, until finally her phone died. She had no idea what to do. During the night, everything got worse. Her head was pounding. She was hallucinating things every second. She even blacked out. Jane couldn't remember the last time she blacked out, but when she finally woke, she felt even worse than before.

It had just become morning when Jane woke. She was cradled into a ball on the floor of her living room, papers all around her. For some reason, the couch was over, turning forward and creating a little cave for her. Her eyes felt so heavy and she still had the shakes from the withdrawl. She felt like literal death. 

Last night, before the black out, she did more research. She was trying to find any other solution to her current predicament: How to fix herself without professional help? What she found was less helpful. Somehow, Jane ended up on the dark web and found a blog from a man who seemed to be suffering from the same thing she was. His solution was "to kill all her demons herself".... whatever that meant. Although, it did sound crazy and unhelpful (as it was exactly what her voices were telling her to do), she couldn't help but circle it on her print outs. It stuck out to her... mostly because of how desperate she was. 

Jane tried turning over onto her other side, suddenly getting some energy to do so. However, when she moved that's when she noticed a gun stuffed in the front pocket of her jeans. She jumped and looked down at her pocket, afraid to touch it. How did that get there? Why did she have it?

Uh oh, did you kill someone again?

Jane shook her head. No she didn't. It was clearly fake. It barely even looked real. Jerome put it there to make her think she actually had a gun, to make her paranoid. She wasn't going to let him win. It wasn't real.

What was real was the pain she was feeling, however. She continued to sweat as her head pounded against her skull. Second by second, it was getting worse. Why did she do this to herself? Why did she let Jerome convince her to take those drugs? In a weird way, she wished her mother was still alive. The woman was cruel, but if she were alive, that would mean none of this would be happening to her. She would still be on that bumpy trailer following the circus, with her crazy alive brother. Somehow, Jerome being alive was better than this current torture her mind was putting her through. 

"Wow, I had so much fun being you last night."

His voice made her feel even sicker. She groaned in pain. Couldn't her head just give her a break? It felt like her head would shatter in a matter of seconds.

Jane opened her eyes, not realizing they were even closed. She looked and saw Jerome laying on the floor in front of her. He was smiling as if he was having the time of his life. "You look like shit, sis."

"No thanks to you," She muttered sarcastically.

"You did miss one hell of a time."

"I need drugs." She moaned softly. She had barely enough energy to breath, let alone speak. But somehow, Jane managed.

Suddenly, the bottle rolled toward her. Jane stared as the bottle stopped right in front of her face. The address from the original pharmacy was placed on its side. Jane had an idea, not convinced it would work. But, hey, it was worth a shot.

--------------------------