Reborn or Newborn

SPACE

Hela's POV

After escaping the twilight sword, I'm floating in space, not sure whether to go rule my world; the Hell or to look for my Asgardians. Or should I go see my daughter? I know what happened on Earth. That mad titan who claims to love me had wiped off half of the world's population. I sense that my daughter is safe, unaware of all these fiasco.

Oh, I haven't said about my daughter, did I? She's my brain child. Means that she is designed by me and only me. No male contribution involved. How? Well... after being banished and imprisoned out of reach by my father, I was heart broken. I never thought my father would do that to me. He was the one who appointed me as his executioner. He was the one who took me to every war as his powerful weapon while I was not even old enough to wield a sword. While girls my age would see their life full of colours, enjoyment and love and pampering, I was only asked to train harder and harder, always try to extend the powers beyond limits. That's how I started wielding weapons from my body at a very tender age.  And, my father saw even more use of me in wars.

Once you are programmed to only  fight and conquer, that's all assimilated in your every cell. I thought that was what life meant, power, wars, bloodshed and ruling. But was it my fault to think so? He was the one who built the desire of ruling the universe, he sowed the seed of ruthlessness in me. He accomplished his desire of ruling everyone, collected all the gold and wealth from other realms using my power. It was natural for me to grow my ambition, to see more opportunities to increase our power. I didn't do it for myself. I saw our Asgard ruling all others. My dream was for my people. But all of the sudden, my father decided to be benevolent king. His first decision was to banish me, bury our brave warriors in order to hide his misdeeds.

He banished me for so many years, I started thinking what did I do that made my father banish me. Because, I am not a monster. I didn't hurt my Asgardians. I worked for my people. I served my kingdom. So, I started to introspect. For many years I dwelled in my sadness. Was I bad? Was it my fault that I thought for my people? I was banished for a millennia. I had enough time to think. I thought. Again and again. I wanted to be with my family again. I wanted to be the good girl of the family. I don't want to be good for others, but only for my family. I wanted to make my father proud. I started reimagining myself. I thought, may be by being like Frigga I might be loved by all my people. I thought of myself as a kind yet brave, innocent yet strong and more importantly, an obedient and loving version of myself who will listen to Allfather's every word. I know physical appearance doesn't matter, but in order to make myself similar to Frigga, I thought of light coloured hair, blue eyes. However I did keep my power, anger, ambition, attitude and stubbornness in me, but within my control. To summarise, I wanted a well-behaved version of myself.

I refined my imagination again and again for so many long years. It grew as a special aura, a ball of light in me. It grew stronger day by day and one fine day it just emerged out of my forehead and took a form of a baby. I didn't expect that! I was trying to reform myself, not some totally different being. But I immediately fell in love with the baby. That's what happens, right? A mother falls in love with her child in first sight. The only true 'love at first sight'. I, who never thought of having my own family until now, was head over heels for this child of mine.

The aura also opened an escape portal. Maybe my father got to know about the child, my reformed behaviour and my desire to serve my kingdom under his command. My father wants me back in the kingdom and so has opened a portal for me to return. I thought of going through the portal, meet my father and live my life with my child in Asgard forever. I walked into the portal, with the baby in my arms. As soon as I walked in, it lead me to some new place. It was Midgard, I mean Earth. I saw the surroundings. It was a city named Melbourne. I, by mistake came to this planet. I had to return back to Asgard. But how? The bifrost needs to be opened. How will I command? I am not yet allowed to. How will I do that? I started walking. There wasn't much crowd. No one actually bothered to look at me.