A special moment for Hela

Hela sat next to the sleeping kids. She's unsure of touching them. Though Debbie thinks she's not evil, she knows the truth. She doesn't want her dark shadow on these innocent kids. She would have never gotten these kind of feelings if not for Lou and her friends. Her quest for reuniting with her daughter made her see the goodness in people and she really likes them.

It's just her 6th day here and she already got attached to these ladies. Never in her thousands of years she had gone soft. Probably because she never got any softness from others. But here in Midgard she's getting it. The mortals of Midgard are better than the immortals, she had concluded.

Everyone here is so good to her. Tammy and Amita welcomed her with a feast, accepted her in their team without any opposition, even were highly appreciating her skills. Rose, whom she found to be the sweetest was speaking to her with so much innocence and pure heart, trying to make her comfortable here, she felt she is not deserving this love and affection.

The way Daphne daringly flirted but didn't make her uncomfortable, that was new too. Not that she's attracted to Daphne, but it was different from what she saw in her land. She had seen Valkyries flirting with each other, she is also familiar with her father's persuasion of different ladies before he settled with Frigga. She never was approached by anyone. Mostly they feared her for her skills, but she knew the real reason... And that is death. She is associated to death and no one will ever want to be with death. The purple titan tried to persuade her but that had more to do with his craving for death of people than her. Daphne was different and it wasn't offensive. She isn't interested in Daphne but she did appreciate Daphne's courage.

Constance and Nine were also adoring her. She wouldn't understand half of what they said and did. But she saw admiration in their eyes. They explained her about the gadgets and technology which wasn't something Hela was familiar with but still she listened to them. Why is she doing this? Why is she getting close to these people? She had asked herself, the only answer was Lou.

Then comes Debbie Ocean. The one who's the closest to her. Their first meet and Hela's reluctance everything was similar to Lou and so Debbie immediately was interested in her. And after seeing how much caring Debbie was for Lou on their first meet itself, Hela began trusting Debbie. As she spent more and more time with Debbie she started adoring her. This was purely because of Debbie's nature and not because she is Lou's bestfriend.

Hela saw how desperate Debbie was to help Lou and that quality of being ready to do anything for a friend made Hela like her. They have their funny banters. They also love to pull each others leg, well Debbie had to be careful not to offend Hela. Hela's funny nature was brought out by Debbie. Also Debbie is the one who is binding her and her daughter. Debbie is the one who is the bridge between her and this mortal world. Debbie is the one to know who she was... Well not exactly but she knows that she is a goddess from Asgard and she is Lou's mother. Hela for the first time is seeing what friendship is. What is affection and what is to have friends.

Debbie and Lou's relationship suddenly went from friendship to lovers and Hela wasn't offended but was worried. She had a reason to worry. Debbie is mortal and Lou is not. Also she found it too soon but after seeing how good they are, she accepted it. That's why she bound their fates together so that they will never be separated. Though she'll not allow Debbie and Lou to show their affections publicly she will definitely do anything to safeguard that relationship.

Keri moved from her place and rolled on Hela. Keri's tiny hand on Hela's body. Hela got out of her thoughts. She saw Keri still asleep.

So pure.. so innocent

The kids were great with her. What little time she spent with them in last few days, they considered her as their aunt, always were chirpy and joyful. They had asked her to play with them, but she politely refused saying she's having wounds so she cannot. They agreed and made her promise that once she's fine she'll play with them. She had agreed to keep their hearts.