Lou and her powers

Debbie sat next to Lou's sleeping form. Hela was pacing from one end of the room to other.

"Hela, sit. Walking restlessly won't help in this situation"

"We have to do something. Her body has to gain control over the power. Else it'll turn into a disaster. Also, while telling the story, how many powers did I explain?"

"All"

"No, not the introduction I gave. I am asking the explanation of how I got them. How many powers did I explain about its acquisition?"

"Hmm, strength, fighting skills you mentioned throughout, sword wielding and regenerative power... Yeah that's all"

"Regenerative power. Oh, no! Regenerative power when not under control will cause immense pain. If she gets wounded, then the power starts working. But with all pain. The regeneration of the cell, tissues, muscles, bones, blood vessels, nerves and the skin... It's not an easy process. When naturally healed, it happens in a slow pace where nothing is felt. But when you have this power, regeneration is instant and highly accelerated. Means all that negligible to zero pain of days will be concentrated to a micro second and that causes pain. Only when you have control over your body, you have enough strength to neglect that pain. It becomes negligible only when the body is under control"

"I don't understand"

"Debbie, if she gets hurt physically then her body immediately heals. And that healing causes pain. Immense pain, you feel it's better to die"

"What? No. I can't see her in pain"

"Neither do I. We need to make sure she won't get hurt"

"I will take care of her"

"I trust you. Until she gains control, I better not think about any of my power. What if it gets triggered?"

"Hmm that will be good"

Hela sat on the other side, next to Lou and lightly kissed her forehead. She felt the way Lou's body reacted. The moment she kissed, she felt power running through Lou.

"Which is this power now?"

"What?"

"I felt some new power running through her. I am not sure which"

"You kissed her with all your love. Is there any of your power related to love?"

"Nope. I am the goddess of death. I don't do love"

"You told you can make deceased people alive. Is this the same?"

"That... maybe possible. Yeah, I get them back to life only if I feel them worthy and feel some good things about them"

"Okay, so something good is happening"

"No Debbie. Any power when in control is a boon. When out of control it is the curse"

"What wrong can happen with this?"

"Getting back to life means reactivating the body. Reactivation isn't easy. You'll have to concentrate your power. And lack of concentration means dispersion of power. She might radiate so much power, she will die"

"What? No, that cannot happen"

"Yup. And now that it is uncontrollable, even her smallest gesture of love towards anyone will trigger that power. Whether the person is dead or not, her power will think as dead and try to give life. Debbie... You need to..."

"She cannot even love me now?", Debbie was horrified.

"I didn't say that. She... Until she is fine, she needs to stop showing love and affection to you or anyone else. She needs to keep some distance"