Chapter 13 - Goodbye Friend

~"This is the end...
Hold your breath and count to 10...
Feel the earth move and then...
Hear my heart burst again..."~
Adele - Skyfall

☆☆☆

I had just given Finn up. What the hell is wrong with me! Pick a side and stay on it Cammie! I said to myself. I couldn't keep switching between grounder and Skaikru. It wasn't an option anymore.

So i decided that after the execution, I would be Skaikru.

Of course I would help Trikru if necessary, but my home is now with Skaikru.

I entered the square to see a mob of people jeering at Kane.

"Give him up Kane!" One voice shouted.

"We don't want this war!" Someone else cried.

"He deserves to die!" A woman screamed.

"We are not giving the boy up! On the ark crime was punished with death. Down here every single life matters. We will not be handing the boy to the grounders!" Kane shouted out, so everyone could hear.

Then, all of a sudden, someone grabbed my shoulders and pulled me into an alley. I was ready to attack until I realised who had done it. Clarke.

"Clarke! You could've just asked me." I said with a small laugh.

"I know. Sorry. It's just, I don't know what to do!" She says, breaking down.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Yeah Finn killed 18 grounders, but he doesn't deserve to die. He's obviously struggling." She says.

"Bellamy said that he's been going downhill since the war." I say to myself quietly.

"We have to help him Cam!" Clarke begs

"Okay, so um, you could sneak him out of Camp and take him back to the drop ship." I say

"That's perfect!" She replies

"Make sure you take weapons and a few days rations. Also take Raven and Bellamy with you. Oh and take Murphy!" I tell her.

"Why Murphy?" She asks

"Believe it or not Clarke, he's smart. He could really help. And he's going nuts being stuck inside Arkadia 24/7." I say rolling my eyes

"Okay Cammie. Why aren't you coming with us?" She says sadly.

"Someone has to stay here and make miss chancellor doesn't get suspicious." I say with a whole lot of sass.

"She's your mum too." She says

"No. She isn't. You are my sister but she'll never be my mother." I hiss.

*A few hours before nightfall*

I was sat by the gate, waiting for Indra to arrive with my horse. Then I hear the trotting of hooves, and I spin around.

Indra is a bit 50 metres from camp, refusing to come any closer incase she gets spotted. I run out of Camp,  ducking down slightly.

"Hurry Cameron, the sky people could see you!" Indra spits

"I'm okay Indra, let's just get out of here and get to the commander." I tell her while jumping onto Venus. (Venus is the name of Cammies horse).

*at the execution site*

Once Indra and I arrived at the sight of Finns execution, I saw Hedas tent with a pole about 70 feet away. Raven, Bellamy, Clarke, Murphy, Abby and Kane were stood behind some fencing.

"Heda" I say with and bow

"Skairipa, thank you for bringing the murderer to me." She says

"Anytime Heda." I smirk.

As I'm leaving Lexa tent, Clarke comes running over and slaps me.

"You sick son of a bitch!" She shouts in my face.

"Hey Clarke, nice to see you too." I say sarcastically.

"Why did you hand Finn in?" She says with a sole tear running down her cheek.

"I'm sorry Clarke. I had to. It was my life or his." I tell her

"So you're selfish too!" She says.

"Yeah Clarke, I'm selfish. I had a crappy 16 years. I saw about 10 people my entire life. Finn got 17 years of friendship, love and happiness. So yeah I decided to be selfish and put myself first for once." I shout back at her, tears streaming down my face.

"Everything okay Skairipa?" Lexa says.

"Yeah, I was just leaving." I say wiping my face.

I walk over to Indra side and stand there in silence. So much for being part of Skaikru.

I watched as Clarke talked with Lexa. Eventually, Lexa nodded her head and Clarke ran over to Finn.

She gave him a kiss, then hugged him. He started talking, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. Then he slumped again Clarkes shoulders.

He was dead. She had killed Finn to save him the pain of 18 deaths.

"Yu gonplei ste odon Finn kom Skaikru." I muttered under my breath
(Your fight is over Finn from Sky people).

Immediately grounders started running at Clarke until Lexa raised her hand.

"It is done." She said, and we left.

We packed up camp and started back to Polis. The time for fighting was over.

Now came the difficult bit. Getting Skaikru and Trikru to agree...

So this chapter is quite long and messy. It's 2x08 I'm the 100.

I'm also thinking about ending this story after roughly 2x16 and making a second book!

Would you like a second book? Or just the one?

Leave a vote and comment

Casey Xx