Chapter 21 ~ Praimfaya

~"As the stars begin to gather
And the light begins to fade
When all hope begins to shatter
Know that I won't be afraid"~
- Sam Smith - Writings on the Wall -

Writing underlined and in Italics, is someone talking on the radio.

"Someone answer me dammit!" I shouted into the radio.

All we had was radio silence. Praimfaya was arriving in a little over 24 hours and we were all trapped outside because of Skaikru. There was no doubt in my mind that Jaha was behind all of this but right now, there was 1100 grounders locked out and only being held back by the black rain.

"Will someone answer Cammie, she's going mad out here!" Octavia said snatching the radio out of my hands.

"O? Cammie? What's going on?" Bellamy asked

"I won Bell, I'm alive. What the hell did you do?"

"It wasn't me, but I'll fix it O." Bellamy promised and you could hear everyone let out a sigh of relief. If the bunker wasn't open soon, then the clans would come and overthrow Octavia before she even had a shot at leading them.

"Uh actually, I'm going to need some time." He said again, sounding slightly more worried than before.

"That's the one thing we don't have Blake. The black rain will only keep the clans away for so long." I hissed, but all I got was radio silence. The bunker was silent once more. How the hell did we get so unlucky?

Indra suggested breaking in, but if we did that then the bunker wouldn't save anyone.  The black rain was the only thing keeping Octavia in power and the clans away. Bellamy was running out of time and I was running out of patience.

"So Skaikru have dishonoured us yet again." Someone said from the shadows. The second I saw her face all I saw was red. Cheater. Murderer. Spy. My sword was against her throat in seconds and the only thing that stopped me killing her was Octavias voice.

"Skaikru were not the only clan to show dishonour in the conclave. I know you were disguised as a warrior. I know Roan caught you. I even know you were banished for it." Octavia spat at Echo

"Is this true?" Indra asked.

"Check the blue cliff warriors body and you'll find Azgeda arrows and if I remember correctly Roan had a sword." I hiss, still pissed off with Echo.

"Azgeda should die for this." Indra growled.

"What about Wonkru?" Gaia asked.

"She's right I won't let a whole clan die for one persons mistakes." Octavia mumbled. "I'll make you a deal, you keep this quiet and wait here for Bellamy to open the bunker, your clan will survive praimfaya."

"So your plan is to wait? To hope?" Echo asked, with surprise evident in her voice.

"That's exactly what the plan is." Octavia told her.

"Knowing how Bellamy feels about you, I'd say that's a pretty good plan." Echo smirked.

Hours had passed and you could see the radiation starting to take its toll on everyone. People were getting tired and they were coughing more. The radiation wasn't effecting me as badly, but only Octavia knew about my blood so I tried to play along for as long as possible.