Part 6

~"Is it easier to stay
Is it easier to go
I don't wanna know"
- 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier -

Please read the Authors Note at the end x

The feeling you got when running away from danger was exhilarating. Adrenaline gave me the strength to carry on running when I felt like collapsing where I stood. Trees became a blur of green and the beauty of the forest was being blinded by the chaos happening a couple hundred metres away.

After about 10 minutes of running I saw Kane crouched by some shrubs and I quietly made my way over to him. He looked scared and I couldn't blame him. Eligius were scary people. The grounders weren't as big of a threat because all they had were spears and swords. Eligius had weaponry that even the ark had never seen before.

I nodded at Kane and entered the cave. A few of Diyozas people were there but I couldn't see any of our people.

"Kane, where are our people?" I whisper-shouted at him.

"Not here yet." He replied in an equally quiet voice, but with a hint of annoyance just poking it's way through.

"Look I know you're worried but please try and be a bit calmer when you're speaking, you'll only end up stressing us both out even more." I huffed.

"When did you get so understanding of people emotions?" Kane asked, looking shocked.

"5 years only seeing Octavia, Indra and Issac does that. It gives you a lot of time to think." I mumbled and Kane just stood there staring out. I guess that conversations over.

The cave was basically silent after our conversation. Diyozas people muttered to themselves and eachother, but even then their voices never raised above a whisper.

A few hours later, the sun started to set and there was still no sign of any of our people. No Murphy. No Emori. No Raven. No Echo and no Abby. Now I was starting to get worried. What if McCreary had captured them? They'd been through enough pain.

Then my thoughts were broken when Kane entered the cave with Diyoza by his side. Both faces wore an expression of fear, so I decided to go up and talk to them after they had chilled out slightly. A few hours later they seemed to have calmed down, so I went and talked to them.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked.

"McCreary's taken over the camp. Your mother is still there by the way and she jumped in front of his gun without thinking, she saved my life." Diyoza explained.

"Okayyy, so I was thinking that you know with you two having to look after camp, that I could go and check camp and maybe try and get my mother out." I said hoping that they would let me go.

"Cameron, you can't even stand your mother at the minute." Kane sighed.

"But she's still my mum and I still love her Kane. Please let me go." I begged wanting to get out of the damned cave.

"Do you trust that she will go there Kane?" Diyoza asked.

"I've known Cammie since she was born and she's a lot of things bug a liar isn't one of them things." Kane replied and I smirked. Lying was something I had always done. I constantly lied to Kane and Jaha on the ark and on the ground. I lied about where I was, who I was with and what side I was on (especially in the war of the grounders).

"Okay. But hurry back." Diyoza said finally giving in and I let out a small yes before running out of the cave and towards the camp, not giving them a chance to tell me to stay.

It was almost pitch black now so I quietly made my way through the forest and towards the soft glow of the camp. I arrived at the camp and no one was to be seen, so I quickly shuffled towards the building Abby was staying in so I could take refuge with her.

I went round to the back of the medical building and knocked on the door three times, but I got no reply. I kept on knocking on the door but time after time after time I got no answer. Eventually, I got bored of knocking and decided to curl into a ball on the back door step.

"Cammie?" A small voice whispered stirring me from my slumber.

"Whaaaatt?" I groaned, dragging the word out.

"Wake up! It's Madi! Your mum overdosed and Clarke needs your help." The girl said.

"Well I don't know what the fúck to do, but lead the way kid." I replied, rubbing my eyes to wake myself up a bit more.

Madi led me inside to where a panicked Clarke was desperately trying find things to starts Abbys heart and flush her system.

"Cam thank god you're here. Is there anything we can use to help her?" She pleaded.

"I don't know I was only I  here for a total of 5 minutes before I went ape shit. But that collar is a shock collar and it's plugged into something." I said trailing off at the end, but thankfully Clarke understood what I was going for and she followed the wires of the collar.

Half an hour later, Abby was awake and had a flushed system. Madi had walked out of the building pretty much as soon as she got me inside, and I had left the building after Abby woke up and headed to the church in  hope of finding my friends.

Sure enough they were all sat down on two beds discussing something. I walked over and managed to catch Ravens eye. She stood up and walked over to me with a smile on her face.

"I can't believe you're alive." Raven said engulfing me in a hug.

"Well believe it baby. Anyways what's happening here?" I asked.

"We just found out that the kid with Clarke is a nightblood and she's taken the flame. Um Octavia put Bellamy in the arena and now Wonkru is marching on this camp." Raven explained.

So Madi was the new Heda? She willingly took the flame? And Octavia is waging war. Great, just great.  The new commander was a bloody child and my girlfriend is starting a war.

"What happened in the last few days because damn!" I hissed.

"The world's going to shit Cam and I don't think we can stop it." Murphy piped up and for once I agreed with him.

"The world already ended twice. What's one more time?" I smiled sadly.

But we would make it. We always do.

Authors note: Short chapter but who gives a flying fuck.

Also there will be slow updates because 1. It's my birthday in 2 weeks and 2. I need the last 2 episodes of season 6 to come out and 3. From August 27th I'll be in college and my A levels will be my priority Xx

Only about 10 chapters or so left and then Warrior Sister is ending... and before anyone suggests endings, I know exactly how the book is ending and I have done since Chapter 1...

Any questions?

Leave a vote and comment

All the love, as always

Casey Xx

Follow my ig @ blakeskrux for The 100 edits and @ 1d_betch_ for 1D and 5sos stuff and @ caseywritesx for book updates x