Chapter 5 ~ We Found Her

~"Come to me in the night hours
I will wait for you
And I can't sleep
Cause thoughts devour
Thoughts of you consume"~
- Ruelle - War of Hearts -

Before we could ask the woman (who's name was Niylah) where Clarke had gotten to, Monty sprinted into the building slightly out of breath.

"Good news and bad news." He said, panting.

"What's the good news?" I asked, trying to be optimistic for a change.

"The good news is that I found fresh tracks." Monty started

"Great then let's start up the rover." Bellamy said, already heading out of the door.

"Bad news is that there's too many trees. We have to go on foot." Monty finished.

Azgeda had so many goddamn trees so we literally had to walk everywhere. I'd be surprised if I hadn't lost any weight by the end of the day with the amount of walking I was done because DAMN!

We had come across a field and we started searching it to find any prints. We had come so far, we couldn't lose hope yet.

"I don't get it," Pike started saying to Bellamy, "you and the grounders had a war. People died. What changed?" He finished, sounding genuinely intrigued that we had managed to live peacefully with the grounders.

"We had a common enemy." Bellamy stated blankly.

"What happened?" Pike asked

"We won." Bellamy said.

A smirk creeped onto my face. Pike would be pissed that we worked with the grounders to win a battle, and that made me happy. The 100 were tough. We didn't need help from Kane or Abby. We took the mountain by ourselves. Alone.

"Quiet." Indra whispered, and instantly everyone went silent. In the distance, I could hear the faint banging of drums.

"Ice Nation." I say and Indra nods.

"You know it's ice nation from the drums?" Monty asked.

"No. From them." Indra says whilst glancing over at two dead bodies dressed in Azgeda armour.

"We have to move the bodies. We don't want Azgeda thinking it was us that did this." Kane says, walking over to one of the bodies. 

"There's a cave over there!" Hannah says pointing to somewhere just behind where we stood. Straight away Pike, Hannah, Issac and Monty started dragging the bodies over to the cave.

"Wait!" I shout "two people 12 o'clock!" Bellamy looks through the sight on his gun and immediately perks up.

"It's Clarke!" He says. He starts to run forward but Pike puts an arm out to stop him, and for once I agree with his decision.

"There's an entire army crossing. There's no way you'd pass without being seen." Pike says in a hushed voice.

"I must leave and warn the commander." Indra says.