true love - shoto todoroki.

perhaps it was a fact that shoto todoroki never believed in true love

that was, until he met l/n y/n.

aizawa had announced that they'll be having a new classmate that came all the way from america. he asked if anyone could volunteer in helping her in speaking japanese.

kaminari was the first one two raise his hand, not even thinking. his only reason was because the transferred student is a girl.

aizawa questioned him if he could speak in english, but kaminari couldn't even answer.

shoto raised his hand, catching aizawa's attention.

everyone grew confused, they all knew he was traditionally japanese, and he never once spoke in english.

aizawa just nodded, calling out for the girl who was just outside the classroom.

the girl stepped in, taking everyone's breaths away. minus bakugo.

her beautiful h/c locks rested on her shoulders. e/c orbs complimenting her pretty face. she was the definition of perfect.

shoto's breath hitched, staring at the beautiful girl. a faint blush appearing on his cheeks.

the girl introduced herself to the whole class, half of her introduction was spoken in english. answers were immediately thrown at her as soon as she finished introducing herself. she nicely answered those questions, adding sass when bakugo asked a question regarding her, as what he calls, 'shitty quirk.'

aizawa told y/n to speak as much as japanese as she could, and that shoto had volunteered to help her. she averted her eyes from the home room teacher and gazed at the bi-colored boy. aizawa has also told her that her seat was next to shoto.

she walked to the back of the room, sitting beside the heterochromatic eyed boy. he introduced himself to her as she stuck her hand out for him to shake, to which he gladly did. he blushed as she called his name 'beautiful.'

he thanked her before aizawa started the class. y/n lets go of his hand, the warmth of her touch still lingering on shoto's hand.

     what was happening to him?

shoto was walking up the stairs to the rooftop of yuuei. y/n had told him to meet her at the rooftop at lunch, saying that she had something important to tell him.

he opened the door, the wind tickling his skin. he spotted a girl standing at the other side. the wind was blowing her hair, making her look like a beautiful goddess. his breath hitched as he approached her.

he called out to her, catching her attention. her e/c eyes locked with his mismatched ones.

     a nervous smile was plastered on her lips, breathing in and out deeply. her feet worked on its own, walking towards the bi-colored boy.

     she stood before him, fiddling with the hem of her shirt as she looked at the ground.

     shoto will never forget that day.

     the day she told him she truly loved him.

     the day he told her that he was in love with her as well.

     the day they got together as a couple.

since the day y/n stepped in to the classroom, shoto felt like everything was going to be okay. nothing was going to separate the two. he felt like every pain or downfall will all go away. he imagined marrying her, having kids with her, and living a perfect life.

     but bad luck has seemed to disrupt his plans.

     blue flames spread throughout the forest as the league of villains invaded the area. students of class 1-a and 1-b were fighting their way out of this chaos.

    when he saw her body on the ground, blood surrounding her, his whole world stopped spinning.

     she laid on the ground, almost lifeless. her bright e/c eyes that he grew so fond of, were now dull. her cheeks were stained with tears. her lungs barely working.

     he ran to her, kneeling down beside her and placing a hand under her head. he yelled out for help, but no one came. no one could ever come, since the villains were attacking them.

     "no, no, no! y/n, don't you give up on me!" he desperately yelled, tears falling down  his cheeks as he held her.

     "sh-shoto..." she muttered, "it's... i-it's no use..."

     he shook his head, "no. i am going to get you out of here. you're going to be safe... j-just hang on, please." he pleaded, "hang on!"

     she smiled sweetly at the boy. she truly loved him. so much.

     she forced her arm up, placing her hand on his soft cheek, wiping the tears away with her thumb.

     she pulled him in, pressing her soft lips against his. shoto's eyes widened, but he soon melted in to the kiss.

     they pulled away from each other, a smile was on y/n's lips. the pain in his eyes made her, barely beating, heart ache.

     she sobbed, her vision blurring and darkening as she said her departing words,

     "i love you so much, shoto todoroki. goodbye."

     and with that, her vision went black as her arm fell limp, her hand disconnecting from shoto's tear stained cheek. the sweet smile she wore, that made shoto fall in love with her more, was gone.

     "y/n! no!" he sobbed out her name, "please, you can't leave me!" his throat ran dry as pain struck his heart.

right there, right then, shoto todoroki did not believe in true love anymore.