again - izuku midoriya.

the first time i met you was during a war

i found you crying beside your mother's dead body, your dull e/c eyes were filled with so much pain. when your eyes met my emerald ones, i knew that i had to protect you.

"p-please, help me..." sobs continued to escape your mouth as tears kept falling. my heart ached, so much. we were just kids, but i needed to protect you.

i couldn't leave you alone, i had to take you everywhere i went so i could protect you.

i gripped the shot gun in my hand as i held my other one out to you, "follow me, i won't hurt you. we need to go now." you shakily stood up, grabbing my hand as i lead the way, keeping my guard up.

"what's your name?" i asked as i kept a hold of your hand.

"i-i'm y/n l/n, and you are...?"

"i'm izuku midoriya."

i thought we would get out of this mess alive, but our days were short.

a plane was seen from the big hole on the ceiling of our hiding spot, dropping a bomb.

i frantically turned to you and hugged you, "i'm sorry." i said as you wrapped your arms around me as well.

the bomb dropped on the ground, blowing up the entire area we were in.

we laid on the ground as blood pooled under us, our hands held on tight to each other as our last breaths escaped our lungs.

i will protect you no matter what will happen.

i'm sorry i failed.

i could only hold your hand as it turned cold

i was born as a cat in my next life.

i was abandoned in a box.

this time, you were the one who found me. as our eyes met once again.

"i-izuku?" you called out, a smile on your lips as i saw tears in your eyes.

oh how i missed that smile.

you picked me up carefully, as if i was a delicate flower. our foreheads connected, as i closed my eyes.

"i missed you so much." you choked out, holding back the sobs that were threatening to escape.

i'm glad you remember me, i was really happy being able to meet you again.

you took me home and took care of me. we filled up our lost time before, i can't tell you how grateful i am for you.

but our life span was too far apart