I ❤

"Hey, Jeremy, I'm on my way," I'm lucky to say into the phone just before I'm cut short by him.

"I've been waiting, Hillary. Hurry up. I told you I have to be some where!" Jeremy rants into the phone. Damn my ear drums.

"Chillax. I said I'm on my way. And besides I'm not the one who told you to loose your house key," I say.

"Where are you now?" He asks.

"I'm on the bus," I say.

"You're still on the freaking bus? I called you like 10 minutes ago. You..." he begins to bark when I cut him off.

"Hey, it's not my fault there's a traffic. In case you didn't notice I don't control the way people drive and I surely don't control the traffic too," I say a little bit too loudly.

When I get the staring faces I realize I am still on the bus. I try not to blush.

"I don't need this. Just get here as fast as you can," he deadpans then the line goes dead.

"Fine," I say into the phone and pull it away from ear then slip it into my jean pocket.

First day of senior year and there's already bad luck. Like Remy loosing his house key plus this huge traffic.

It is a Monday after all.

"Mon-day," I silently play around with the word, "mourn-day."

Mondays are the worst. There's always the test and the bad luck and the boredom. Yeah, I hated Thursdays too but not as much as I did Mondays.

The bus stops abruptly. I am jolted forward a bit. People are climbing down the bus. I join them.

As soon as I am out of the bus and about 5 ft from it my phone buzzes in my pocket.

I pull it out. Jeremy. Again. I sigh.

"Where the hell are you Hillary," he says as soon as I put the phone up to my ear.

"I just got down from the bus, Remy. I'm on my way," I say. Again.

"Can't you be a little bit faster? My times goin' and I need to be..."

"I hear you. Quit fussing, I'll be there," I say.

This time I'm the one the one to cut the call.

See how you like that now.

I look at the time.

03:01pm.

I am kinda late. Mostly because I had to meet my study group at the library this afternoon.

I am about to push my phone back into my pocket again when it buzzes.

And it's Jeremy.

I answer it quickly.

"Jeremy Johan Spivot!" I yell calling him by his full name. "The fact that you have a phone doesn't mean you should call me every 2 seconds. I said I'm on my way!"

"No. It's not about the house key..." he begins.

"Then what is it about?" I say impatiently.

"Uhh...so I borrowed your headphones today since mine was broken," he says.

"And," I say

"And I broke it. Not me actually. A guy at school," he says.

"You what?" I say outrageously. I cannot believe it.

"I gotta go," he says.

"Wait Jeremy..." I'm saying when the line goes dead.