III 💛

"To be or not be. That's the major question here," Holly says, tugs on a strand of her lush, blonde hair and pulls out a hair pin.

Dropping it on her dresser, she jumps onto her queen-sized (and I'm not kidding) bed and pulls her favorite rag doll and a pillow towards her. Seeing her with Miss Soph (the rag doll) makes me think of Mr Blossom, my teddy. I miss him. And don't you think Miss Soph and Mr Blossom would make a cute couple? Well I think so.

I grab the bag of Doritos she had left on top of her dresser and jump on the bed too.

"Like to be with Amiah or not, right?" I ask.

She nods.

I sigh, "I just knew this was going to be about Amiah."

"I know it looks like I'm hanging out with her more often than I do with you but..."

"I know Amiah's clingy. Well, sorta, but, I'm okay with the fact that you hang out with her. Just as long as we still have time for each other," I say.

"Oh. Then, if that's the case...uh...Amiah invited me to seat at her table during lunch tomorrow," she says.

I crunch down on my dorito really hard.

"I'm guessing you said no, right?" I say.

"I said yes," Holly says and immediately covers her face with her hands.

I groan loudly.

"Why did you? Amiah's the one that's supposed to be invited to our table," I say.

"I know," Holly mumurs.

"God! In case Amiah Ludshow didn't notice, Holland Lindsey already has a best friend. Hmm, I wonder who that is. Yeahh...that's right...Hillary Spivot," I say.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to say no but...it's only for tomorrow I promise, then I'm back with you guys," she says her hands still on her face.

"It's okay," I say after a short pause.

"It's just....I don't want to loose my best friend."

She moves her hands away from her face and takes my hands.

"You won't." She smiles.

In that very moment, I trust her and smile back. I've know Holland since I was ten. That's when my family moved here, Oak Hill. That type of friendship didn't just go away because a newly made member of the cheerleaders comes your way. Right?

"Hey, what about Tayron," she says taking her hands away from mine.

I look up at her. She is smirking and I'm already turning scarlet.

"Shut up," I say playfully.

"Oh I'm so into you guys," Holly giggles.

"He's barely even talked to me since junior year. Trust me, I'm over the whole crush thingy," I say.

"What?" Holly drawls, "I thought he was your 'Mr perfect'."

"Holly, shut up, seriously," I smile and chump down on a dorito.

"If you want I can make a real match outta you guys," she says.

"No!" I burst out. "Uh...no. Now can we quit talking about Tayron? He's probably hanging out with his latest chick right now."

"Don't sulk, Ary..."

"I'm not..."

"Amiah says he's a single fella now. He's broken up with Bella. You didn't know that?"

"Whatever," I mumur, "I haven't heard of Antonio lately, what are you and him up to."

I'm diverting the topic. Yep, I definitely am.

Holly cocks her head.

"You both no longer "we"?" I ask smiling.

"Shut up, Ary. And besides, Tonio was an asshat. And I can't believe he'd leave me for Angel," she says.

"Who's Angel?" I ask.

"Oh, some chick in his school. Well, she's really nice, but still...you know what I mean," Holly says.

Tonio's this really hot dude from another school, Montessori High, that Holly had been dating.

"Seriously though. I can hook you up with Tayron," she says.

"Come on, no," I say.

"I want it to be something spontaneous. Not a hooked thingy," I say.

"Umm...okay, Miss Spontaneous," Holly says and smiles, "that new name's so rad!"

I laugh.

"Hey, what about that part time thingy you were talking 'bout?" Holly asks.

"Oh, the part time job," I say.

"Yeah, the bakery one, right?"

I nod.

"I got it." I smile

"Oooh. That's so nice. We get to split the profit," she says. "Right?"

"Yeah, right," I scoff.

She giggles.

"Binge watch IT, Friday next week. Right here. You, me, Adrian, Leon and Lou," she says.

"Alright! Now we're talking," I say happily.

Just then my phone buzzes. I look at the caller ID.

Oh damn...I should be somewhere right now, I remember as I stare at the caller ID. It's my boss from the part time job.

"Uh...Holly, I gotta go so...uh..." I say packing up my things into my bookbag.

"What's the rush?" she asks.

"Nothing. Just...work? I'll...I'll see you later, okay?" I say already out the door.

"Okay, bye," she calls.

"Bye," I call back.

____________________________________________________

I'm so sorry this chapter's sorta short but I'm gonna make it up with the next chapter ☺☺

Thank you!❣
Although, make sure you do vote and share...love💋💋🤓