XXI 🙈

If there's anyplace or anywhere I never thought I could be at, the number one would be a concert.

Which is where I am right now.

A concert. Anna Zak's to be precise.

I'm tapping my feet to the beat when I feel Tayron's hand wrap around mine.

I look up at him.

"You like it?" He shouts so I can hear him above all the music and cheering.

"Yeah, kinda?" I shout back.

"I told you would," he yells.

To be honest, I don't like concerts. Or parties.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't actually hate them. I mean, they're great. Fantastic even. I'm just not comfortable in tight spaces or crowded places with people pressing into me, cramming themselves into my breathing space.

So, basically I'm claustrophobic.

I barely manage to go for parties then Tayron tells me that for our date we're going for Anna Zak's concert.

I mean, seriously! I totally freaked out.

"So, about our date tonight. I thought of the greatest idea," Tayron says as we walk down the school hallways.

"Really?" I smile, "so what are we doing this time?"

"A concert. We're going for a concert. Anna Zak's. Trust me, you'd love it," he grins.

"A concert?" I repeat though it sounds more of a question.

God, not a concert.

"What? You don't like Anna?" He asks.

"No, it's not that. I just...can't we pick something else? I mean, the concert would be too expensive, don't you think?" I ask.

He stops and looks down at me, a concerned expression on his face.

"You don't need to worry about the cost. Infact, I already have our tickets. But, what's up, Ary? You don't want to go for the concert. What is it?" He asks.

"Um, the thing is, I don't really like tight spaces, I guess," I say looking away from him.

This feels embarrassing.

"Oh. Well, we could still for the concert then if you don't like it, we'll leave immediately," he says.

"I don't..."

"Come on, Ary. Trust me, you'd love it," he says taking hands and squeezing them.

"Um, okay. Yeah. We should go for the concert. What time is it?" I ask, making up my mind.

"Yeah, now that's the stuff," Tayron says giving me a side hug, "8:00 pm sharp."

"Cool," I say as we step out of the school.

Suddenly, there's a loud uproar and Tayron let's go of my hand almost immediately, pumping his fists into the air and cheering along with others.

Jeez.

Suddenly, the people around me start crowding in, bumping and shoving me.

The air feels heavy and thick and it gets harder for me to breathe as the noise gets louder and the shoving gets even worse.