XVII 💅

"What do you both have to say for yourselves," Mrs Jenner, the school principal, says to Miranda and I.

"Mom, I mean, Mrs Jenner, she  tripped me," Miranda says, pointing an accusing finger at me.

Yeah, Miranda's the school principal's daughter. Yay.

"I tripped you? All I did was avoid your foot, which was unusually sticking out, by the way. Then, you, being the klutz you were born to be, tripped yourself and fell," I retort.

I watch as Miranda's eyes widen.

"Did you just call me a klutz?!" She yells.

"Er, you need to get your ears cleaned or something?" I ask.

I had been minding my own business and going to Literature class, Holly beside me, chattering away as usual, when Miranda suddenly stuck out her foot right in front of me. I sidestepped it and as Miranda tried to compose herself, she lost her footing and fell. Then she stood up and began yelling obscenities at me.

Poor me. What did I do?

And Mrs Jenner just had to walk by at that moment.

"I didn't bring you two in here so you can start up from where you stopped," Mrs Jenner says silencing the both of us.

"Now, Miranda, apologize to Hillary for trying to trip her," she continues.

"You're kidding right?" Miranda scoffs.

"Do it now, young lady," Mrs Jenner says, her tone hardening.

Miranda rolls her eyes.

"Sorry," she mumbles.

"Say it better," Mrs Jenner says.

"I'm sorry, Hillary," she says after quite a hesitation.

"Good, now Hillary, you shouldn't have laughed at her," Mrs Jenner says to me.

"Well, don't blame me. It was that funny. Trust me, anyone would have laughed," I say and snicker as I remember the weird shriek Miranda had let out as she fell.

Mother and daughter glare at me.

"Oh," I say, realizing Mrs Jenner wants me to apologize too. "Sorry, Miranda."

Okay, let's drop the charade.

Miranda and I both know that once we are out of this office, we would continue from where we stopped. I'm pretty sure she's even thinking it right now.

"Good, now that that's settled, I have something to give both of you," Mrs Jenner says and moves her hands towards her drawers.

As she searches for it my mind drifts off to what I had found about Cj.

I have already made up my mind to tell Holly about it.

"Did you hear me, Hillary?"

I snap back to reality.

"Uh, um, yeah. Yeah," I say.

"Great, now she's dumb too," Miranda says.

Mrs Jenner scowls at her and focuses her attention back at me.

"So, I wanted to give you both these," she says holding out two pamphlets.

As soon as Miranda sees them, her eyes widenes.

"God. Mom no..." she whispers.

"I wrote them myself. It's a guide on proper teenage friendship and how to keep them," Mrs Jenner says giving us both a toothy smile.