VIII ♥

"Alright Hillary, Damian and I are leaving. If you're feeling hungry or anything and I'm not back yet make something, okay?" Mom says as she pulls a nervous Damian out the door.

"Alright mom!" I shout as I throw popcorn into my mouth. I can't take my eyes off the TV. My second to favorite show is on. Teen Wolf.

"Mom, I don't wanna go anymore," Damian whines.

"Come on, honey, don't be nervous," mom tells him.

"Don't worry, Damian, you're gonna do great. Get out there and show 'em how much of a good soft ball player you are," I say to Damian and throw more popcorn into my mouth.

"Tell him Hillary. Come on, Damian, you're going to be late," mom says.

"You're gonna do great Damian!" I shout as they leave, "break a leg!"

"Thanks, Ary!" He shouts back.

Minutes later, I hear mom start the car and they pull out of the garage.

Not long after they leave Teen Wolf ends and Jeremy comes home.

"Hey, Jer," I say as he walks up to the couch I'm sitting on and plops down, dropping his backpack on the floor.

"Hey, Ary," he says, yawning, "I'm starving. Make me something."

"Make yourself something, lazy ass," I say.

Lately, Jeremy's mood has been better, brighter...than before. And, trust me, I'm liking it.

"Aw, come on," he groans. "So what's on?"

"A commercial, obviously," I say. "Dollop head."

"A commercial, obviously," he mimics and pulls my hair.

"Do that again and watch me beat you up then take a pic of your broken nose, and delusional state and send to Debbie," I tease.

He snorts then grins, "I'd really like to see you try."

"Speaking of Debbie, how is she, Jeremy?" I ask, smirking.

Jackpot! Jeremy's soft spot.

I'm grinning. He's blushing.

"Look, Grownish, is up next," he says and points at the TV.

"What?" I say, looking away from him and at the TV.

He snatches the remote from my hand and jumps up from the couch, laughing.

"I can't believe you fell for that," he laughs, "You know Grownish doesn't start by this time."

He did not...

I know how careful I had been in making sure that I had that remote in my hands before he did. And now he has it.

"Give it back, Jeremy!" I yell, standing up from the couch too.

"Never!" He shouts, "my favorite show is almost up."

"But, my third favorite show is about to start too," I say.

He looks at me for a while, smiling lightly.

"Alright, alright," he says walking up to me and dangling the remote in his hand, "take it."

I stare at him skeptically, forcing back the laugh that is about to explode from my mouth because of how stupidly goofy he's being.

He sure is getting better.

I reach out for it quickly, he draws back his hand.

"Not funny, Remy," I say.