XII 🍨

I wake up with a start.

For a minute or so I'm unable to realize where I am as my head feels extremely foggy.

As my eyes adjust to the darkness I realize two things. One, where I am and two, why I wake up.

It's so damn hot!

I sit up in bed and feel the area where I had lain on. My sweat had satiated the covers and bedsheet.

Jeez! Did Jeremy leave the heater on? Dammit. Or probably the regulator's broken.

I reach out to my table lamp and click it on glancing at my alarm clock at the same time.

4:10am.

I get out of bed realizing I'm still in the white crop top and highwaist jeans Holly had picked out for me.
Then I see the brooch on my dresser and my heart flutters. Next thing I know I'm smiling widely as I remember the date with Tayron.

I pick up the brooch and sit down on my bed completely forgetting about the heat.

"That shit was real crazy! Imagine being killed by an arrow that big!" Tayron said, laughing as we got into his car.

"I know!" I exclaimed and laughed, shutting the passenger door. "It was instant death trust me. The arrow threw him miles before he even hit the floor."

Tayron laughs as he starts the car and I silently smile at his childish excitement.

He does a reverse then leaves the theater's parking lot.

We had just seen a movie together - Game of Thrones, and I realized something...we both liked the gory stuff.

Yeah. We're cool like that.

"Do you want to stop for ice cream?" Tayron asked glancing over at me.

"Sure," I reply.

I still could hardly believe this was happening.

I was actually dating Tayron. Tayron Rogers! I mean, come on, this has to be more than just luck. It was so damn nice!

He pulled over in front of an icecream truck that seemed to be packing up.

"I'll be right back. Stay here," he said, gave me a quick peck - which left me in slight shock - and leaves the car.

I was feeling the area on my cheek where he had pecked me when he came walking back to the car.

"Hey, Ary, what's your favorite?" He asked.

"Cookies and cream," I reply and he walked away.

Soon enough, he was back in the car two huge icecream cones in his hands. He got a stawberry flavor for himself and handed me the cookies and cream.

We stayed in his car, slurping up icecream and chattering away.

"You look nice, by the way," he says giving me a side glance.

I smile. "Thanks. Your haircut's nice too."

Dumb Hillary. Dumb, I was thinking when he suddenly raised his hand and traced his thumb on my lower lip.

I was surprised and my heart skipped two beats. Not just one. Two. I'm sure of that.

Then he pulled back his hand and licked his thumb.