XI 👫

"Holland Chris Lindsey, get your ass over to my house in the next two seconds because, right now, I'm totally freaking out," I say into the phone as soon as Holly picks up. I'm also pulling out clothes from my closet as I talk to Holly.

"Hillary Tyler Spivot. Calm down and let me know why you want my ass over at your house in the next two seconds," Holly says.

"I'll tell you everything once you're here," I say as I pull out a blue halter top, look at it then place it among the stack of 'I-might-wear' that I had l already gotten out. "Just get here real soon okay? Oh and bring that your black jacket too. The one with the white stripes on the cuffs. Can you?"

"Yeah," Holly says slowly. "You better tell me what this is about when I get there or else I would selfie bomb you. Every two seconds."

I laugh.

"I promise I would. Now get here quick," I say.

"Alright ma'am," Holly says then the line goes dead.

When I said I was freaking out I meant it. Big time.

Long story short, Tayron had told me that we should go on a date. I was more than happy. Everything was going so well. Our first real date. My first real date. He was due to pick me up at 8:00 and it was 7:20 already and I hadn't found the right dress for the date.

Trust me, I'm a fashion disaster.

"God," I sigh and sit down in between the pile of clothes scattered on my bed. I pick up a white crop top with short sleeves. It looks reasonable. At least. But then, I'm not sure it's the right one.

I drop it back among the pile of clothes and wait for Holly.

When I hear the door bell I spring up from my bed. Throwing my door open with one huge push, I rush downstairs.

"I got it!" I yell to Jeremy who seems to be on his way to answer the door too. He just stops, shrugs and walks back to his laptop, which he had been working with, on the couch.

I pull the door open, knowing it'll be Holly. I'm right.

She beams as me and wiggles the black jacket in front of me.

"I brought the jacket," she smiles.

"Thank God you did," I say.

She steps into the house and I shut the door.

Before she can say a word I grab her hand and pull her up the stairs and straight up to my room.

"Jeez, Hillary," she says as soon as we get into my room and I shut the door. "Chill down. You seem all hyped. I still don't get what this is about."

"It's because I am hyped," I say breathlessly.

"Alright, so, Tayron said we should go on a date. Our first official-"

"Tayron what?" Holly explodes as I'm explaining to her what this is all about. Her eyes are really wide and she's grinning madly.

"And you didn't tell me this all this time?" she says, still smiling.

"I was going to," I say, already smiling. "Well, now you know, I need your  help on picking out what to wear."

"Who says I'm so good at picking out good, fashionable clothes," Holly says.

"Come on, you're the queen of fashion and dress sense. I mean, you're even way better than Miranda. Every one knows that, Holly. Can't you help out a poor, little girl with no dress sense at all?" I say.