Sixteenth Piece

Every part of me was traumatized.

I didn't know what to do with myself, nor what to say to Jacob.

He ended up telling Matty about the entire thing when he took me home. I wasn't mad at him for doing that, but I was scared for what Matty would say.

He told me not to leave and I did anyway.

I was surprised when he didn't throw me out.

But instead, it's the next morning and we are getting on a plane to head back to Minnesota for the next week. Matty was so afraid that I would go looking for Marcos, but I was too afraid that Russo's people would find me.

I'm not safe with Marcos.

They'll find me and they'll take me. The only reason they haven't found me yet is because I've been with Matty this entire time. I've been safe from them.

And I hate that I exposed myself and Jacob to them.

Thankfully, Jacob went back home to his family for awhile and I'll be gone out of town for a little bit. Gives everything and everyone a chance to cool down.

"Lucia and Rocio are going to be so happy when they see you." Matty told me as we boarded the plan. "They talked about you for a while after we fell out."

I smiled to think that someone actually missed me and thought about me. "Yeah?"

He nodded with a small chuckle. "Yeah. They loved you like a sister. They still do, actually."

I was excited to see them, but I wasn't going to tell Matty that. He'd want me to stay here, I need to make this trip as emotionless as possible. I don't know how I'm going to do that when I get to see Lucia and Rocio.

Gosh, I missed them so much over the years.

They were the only girl friends that I had. Any other girls would torment me and bully me. I was bullied all through school; from kindergarten to preschool.

"Babe, are we going straight home?" Jen asked him as we settled in our seats and buckled up.

He nodded with a roll of his eyes only I could see. Matty was sitting across from me, but next to his wife. There was quite a long table in the middle of us with a fancy white table cloth waiting for the best China. "Yes, but I'm taking Anna to see my family for a second."

"We can't stay for dinner?" I already knew, but I wanted to ask anyway.

I'm a troll.

Jennifer looked away, she wouldn't even look my way.

Matty had to answer the question because Jennifer doesn't even know about our secret meetings.

"Yes." Matty slow the gritted teeth. "Jennifer and my family don't exactly have the same point of views."

I smirked. "Code for they don't get along."

Code for they don't like her.

Matty's parents are fucking sweethearts, and I know that if there's an issue it's only one sided; Jennifer sided.

Matty nodded hesitantly. Jennifer stayed quiet the entire time.

The takeoff was a little much for me. I was quietly freaking out inside. I haven't been in a plane since I left Minnesota, they're not my favorite. I'd rather travel any other way.

Once we were in the air, we were able to move around and finely get some food. And I was right about the China, they came and sat the plates in front of us.