prologue

sometimes you need to take what you think you know, throw it out the window and follow your instincts because your life depends on it

20 MINUTES UNTIL THE FIRST EXPLOSION

-

The ice cubes almost finished melting in the whiskey glass when she grabbed it and splashed the watered down alcohol in her boyfriend's face.

Here she goes again.

People turned their heads at the loud sound of her chair getting knocked over and falling on the ground. It wasn't the first time that the same girl disrupted the peace at the high class cafe where an egg on toast brunch cost more than a regular man's weekly shopping for food. One time she was attracting attention for coming there straight from a party and ordering herself five plates of overpriced pancakes. Another time she was causing trouble by loudly arguing with the bartender who didn't want to make her a cocktail at the crack of dawn. That day she was in the middle of what seemed to be a very nasty breakup with her latest boyfriend.

'' If you really want me to change my mind about leaving your cheating ass, then kneel down and beg. Do it. If you'll look pathetic enough while doing it, then I might reconsider my decision. ''

Byun Baekhyun sometimes found it extremely difficult to keep a straight face while he was watching her in action. She didn't need to wear a crown, her attitude said it all. He didn't agree with the way that she acted, not even close, but at the same time, he was a little bit intrigued by the way she chose to use her power.

She got a little sidetracked in the midst of her father's political campaign and started believing that she was untouchable.

Baekhyun wasn't the only shadow in the cafe. There was another one there that day, another bodyguard. He even nodded at him in acknowledgement when him and the girl walked in the cafe, as if he was greeting just another coworker. Their similarities didn't go as far as the other bodyguard thought. They both wore the same purely black and perfectly ironed suit and had a gun strapped to their belts, but if you looked them in the eyes, what you saw was two men that couldn't be more distinct from each other.