six

the problem is, nobody can control the dreams they have. and when you get too close to the sun... your dreams might melt away

 your dreams might melt away

-

3rd person POV 

Kim Namjoon was being followed. He was certain of it. It took him some time to notice it, but after a while, there was no doubt about it anymore. He saw the black car that was always parked outside of his apartment and the figures that followed him every time he left his home. At first it almost drove him insane and he went through days of complete and utter paranoia. He thought that the people were there to get rid of him. Once he realised that they were just watching him, to make sure that he wouldn't find out something that he shouldn't have, he started getting angry.

They followed him even that night, when he left his apartment a little past two in the morning and directed himself down the street. They went after him all the way to Hongdae, but they stayed outside of the arcade building that he stepped in to. Namjoon was a little disappointed because of that. He was hoping that they would follow him past the numerous technology stores that you could find in the ground floor of the building. They were full of cameras, both those for sale and security ones. If he could catch any of them on video, he could figure out who exactly did they work for.

'' Are you sure that you aren't just seeing things? '' the sound of his friend's voice made him snap out of his thoughts. Kim Taehyung was sitting on a large and comfortable seat and resting his feet on the flashing screen of the arcade game in front of him. A laptop was resting in his lap and he was watching Namjoon through strands of red hair that were falling on his eyes. '' You became kind of weird after you had that meltdown at the police station. When you called me to meet you here in the middle of the night, I was half expecting that you'll start telling me about how you find the proof that aliens exists. ''

'' I didn't have a meltdown. I just made a bit of an impulsive decision. '' Namjoon frowned, pulled his cap off his head and ran through his hair with his hand before he placed it back on again. He didn't regret loosing his police badge, but he did wish that he wouldn't have hit detective Choi Jaeha. Now not only did he have to pay for his medical bills, but also for the broken computer that he used to smack his head. '' I'm telling you, there is something strange going on and you are the only one that I can turn to right now. Wouldn't you want to find out the truth? ''