two

after all, we are nothing more or less than what we choose to reveal

-

The last time that I went to Incheon, it was to buy a yacht for my father's birthday. Incheon was the city with the airport where my family's prized private jet was. It was the location of a black bean noodle restaurant that was named after me. It was the place where I bought myself a beach house, despite everyone telling me to go for the much prettier ones in Busan or Jeju.

I always liked it here, but not anymore.

Now Incheon became the city where I was hiding together with my bodyguard. 

'' Lies! These are all lies! No! Don't believe him! Well... maybe not all of the things that he said are actual lies, but he is much worse than I am! He is in no position to talk! ''

I tightened my grip around the tv remote and gritted with my teeth in annoyance. There was a fire burning in my eyes and I was looking at the old box television like I was about to beat it up. The fighting stance that I unknowingly assumed, made it seem like that too. I told myself that I wasn't going to let myself get angry, but after flipping through a few channels, all reporting the news about the bombs and bashing my father, I couldn't help it but to get a little bit frustrated. I managed to hold myself  I landed on an interview with his rival Ryu Minjae.

Mister Ryu was the leader of League, the political party that was competing against my father's New order. The two men were both competing for the position to become the president of our nation and they hated each other ever since I could remember. About a year ago, I secretly had a one night stand with Minjae's adoptive son and I was certain that if my father would find out, he would disown me. Not because it happened, but because it happened with him, someone from the Ryu family. 

'' My lady, are you having a conversation with the television? '' Baekhyun spoke up and made me flinch with surprise. He disappeared out of our motel room before I woke up and I spent the past couple of hours ignoring the voice in my head that was trying to convince me that he abandoned me. It wouldn't surprise me, he was acting unusual when we reached Incheon last night, but when I looked at him now, he seemed back to normal. If you didn't count the strange metallic briefcase that he brought back from his early morning excursion. '' Warn me if the television starts replying back, will you? ''