ten

I I'm a sin eater. I absorb the misdeeds of others, darkening my soul to keep theirs pure. That's what I'm capable of. 

-

-

My father, his rival Ryu Minjae, the leader of Baekhyun's old gang, Macau, they all acted as if it was just a game. They were the main players, while the rest of us were just pawns. They were the reason why my once safe, calm and peaceful life that now ended up in pieces. Other people's lives got destroyed too. The one of Byun Baekhyun, who vowed to do everything to protect me. The one of Lee Taeyong, who risked everything to do something good and fill the emptiness in his heart. Even the one of the cleaner Renjun, who ended up in trouble after he got blamed for helping Taeyong and I escape out of Shangri-La.

Their faces were the ones that haunted me in my nightmares. I could still see the accusation blazing from their eyes when I came back to my senses and found myself laying on a bed that I didn't recognize. The unknown room made me uncomfortable, even if there wasn't anything about it that clearly spelled danger. Perhaps it was exactly because of that. By now, I was already so used to always looking out for trouble, that I didn't trust a seemingly safe space.

That was why I wasted no time getting up and trying to leave. Memories were slowly coming back to me and my head was starting to spin. Images of everything that happened before I lost my senses, were flashing in front of my eyes and I was struggled to make sense of it, until I suddenly spotted someone familiar. 

I was making my way down a hallway, when I passed the opened door to a balcony where I saw him. I instantly recognised him as the man who I encountered in the night marked, before I hid in the bathhouse where San eventually found me. He was turning his back to me, leaning against the railing and watching something that was happening in the inner courtyard. His dark hair was combed back from his forehead and he seemed lost in his thoughts. I was hoping that he would notice me, but when I tried to sneak past him, he suddenly tensed and spoke up: '' Wait. ''

I can't believe that out of all of the people in this place, he is the first one that I got to run in to.

'' I... You aren't planning to finish what you started, right? I know that there isn't anyone nearby, but if you try to take a step closer, I will scream so loudly that the whole street will hear me, '' I seriously threatened and slowly clenched my fingers in to fists. I was afraid that my voice would shake and show fear, but it was surprisingly calm.

He scoffed and replied: '' Well that was completely different from the apology that I was expecting. Do you really still think that I am a bad person? According to some people's standards, I am, but I am a bad person that is on your side. The name is Yixing, by the way. ''

The sound of a familiar scream made me turn my head and I took a reluctant step forward. Yixing was standing on a balcony, that was facing the inner courtyard of a large building. It used to be a clothing factory, well known for it's exploitation of child workers, until it got raided by Macau and turned in to one of her many bases. At least that was what Yixing told me while the two of us watched San and his group of enforcer. The charming man and his friends were in the middle of training and they were just separating in pairs, so that they'll be able to spar against each other.