nine

in this world, there are no sides, only players

-

3rd person POV

Emotions are leverage, the easiest one to exploit. 

Sympathy and compassion won't get you out of Shangri-La.

To survive in this world, you have to be cold, colder than ice.

Those were some of the things that Baekhyun learned in his lifetime. His past was full of spilled blood and suffering. His memories were a burden that haunted him at every moment of the day, but he still chose to ignore them after he met Kwon Jaeyi.

Every good thing that he ever knew, somehow got taken away from him.

Why did he think that it was going to be any different this time?

'' Come on, Baekhyun, when did you get so uptight? '' one of the gangsters called out, but Byun Baekhyun's gaze stayed fixated on the half empty glass of rice wine that was placed in front of him. The air was filled with smoke, the strong scent of perfume and alcohol and breathing it was making his lungs heavy. He desperately wanted a cigarette too and the tapping of his fingers against the concrete table, was getting progressively faster. 

They went to that gambling den in hopes that they would find some information about Jaeyi and her location, but things weren't going as planned. Yixing disappeared to somewhere, Kai was trying to become friends with some people who looked like they were secretly planning to kill him and Sehun was entertaining himself by annoying Baekhyun. 

His old group is the one that took her, so she's in Shangri-La, she has to be. 

The boss put her there on purpose. He knew that Baekhyun was after her. He was hoping that he would step foot in to the building. Both him and Baekhyun were well aware that if that would happen, he wouldn't come out of it alive again. The boss of the enforcer group, would certainly take that chance to get his revenge over the former member who managed to run away.