fourteen

pull the trigger if it brings you peace

-

My father can hide if he wants.

I won't.

Hyojin blinked with surprise when I shoved her to the side, stepped forward and clenched my fingers in to a fist. The bomber, tied to a chair and ignoring every question that the rookie policewoman asked him, raised his head just in time to see the punch that I delivered directly to his face. Blood pooled out of his nose and a pained hiss escaped his lips. He opened his mouth to say something, but that was when I grabbed his hair, raised my leg and slammed my knee against his face. He was gasping for air, clearly surprised that things got this violent. Hyojin was a cop and she used the interrogating techniques that she was taught at the academy, but I wasn't like her and after a while, I lost my patience. 

We can't keep wasting time like this.

I felt like every moment that passed, I was further from Baekhyun and I wanted to do something to stop it. '' Hyojin might be a cop, but I'm not. Do you think that rich girls are nice? Bitch, I can find out about a guy's entire life just from looking at the background of his social media posts. Do you think that I have the nerves to stand here and listen to your bullshit? You better start talking while I'm still being nice. ''

I was about to punch the guy again, but Sehun suddenly put a hand on my shoulder and warned me: '' You should tone it down at least a little bit. He isn't talking now, but he also won't be able to talk if you'll punch all of his teeth out of his mouth. '' 

The bomber ended up getting scared and telling us everything. He revealed how him and his group of radicals were working with Ryu MInjae from the very start. The explosions were all an elaborate plan to get rid of the competition before the upcoming elections and it all began with the one that got set off in the shopping mall where I was having my brunch. Disguised as supporters of my father, they got rid of Minjae's biggest enemy and now they were literally just killing off everyone else that was left on his way. The last bomb was supposed to get set off in the assembly hall where the politician was going to give a speech in just a couple of days. A bunch of other assemblymen were planning to attend it and if everything would go like Minjae envisioned it to, most of them would die in the explosion.

I was still fuming with anger later when I was standing on the rooftop of the building. I was leaning against the railing and trying to get myself together when Hyojin appeared behind me. I didn't think that the cop would want to talk to me alone, but there she was, full of compassion because of this cop, Namjoon, who was trapped somewhere, just like Baekhyun. '' You're strong. ''

I glanced at her and raised an eyebrow in doubt. '' What do you mean? I'm not. Not at all. ''

'' You miss him just like I miss Namjoon, but instead of crying like I did for this entire morning, you're angry. That's not good, but it's better than tears. ''