epilogue

who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things

-

Some called me a hero. Others described me as the worst criminal that South Korea has ever seen. I liked to think of myself as a little bit of both. People were always after me and there wasn't a moment when I could truly relax, forget about everything and stop looking over my shoulder, but thanks to the people that I had by my side, it wasn't a bad life. It wasn't a bad life at all. In some aspects, you could say that I had it quite good, probably a lot better than I deserved.

'' We're coming after you, dad. There's only so many places where you can hide, '' I murmured to myself and flipped another page of his precious notebook. I was laying in a bathtub, full of vanilla scented bubbles and reading what was once his most prized possession. A joint was burning in the ashtray by my side and the glass walls of the luxury bathroom, were overlooking the palm trees of Hawaii. If I would stand up and try to get a better view of the gorgeous nature, I would be able to see San and his group of soldiers, protecting the villa hidden in the outskirts of Honolulu.

A lot changed after me and my friends fled out of South Korea. Ryu Minjae was proven guilty of many crimes and another, actually trustworthy candidate, who couldn't do much earlier because of Minjae's and my father's money, stepped forward and took the presidential seat. Namjoon and Hyojin stayed behind too. They got honored with special medals for protecting their country and they were fighting against corruption in the police force. Kyungsoo and Kai went to a hidden town in Thailand, where the group of hitmen was planning to rebuild everything that got lost in Quanhai. And where did the rest of us go? My fight just began and I was lucky enough that Baekhyun, Yixing and Sehun decided to follow me along with it.

After arriving in China, we made a powerful alliance with Yukhei and some other people and used the information written in my father's notebook, to take down Shangri-La. The large building where I was once trapped, got turned in to a safe home for people who had nowhere else to go. Then, we went after Macau. I never planned to kill her, but after a few run-ins with her, she got my message. Her intentions were once pure, but the possibility of money, made her forget about what was truly important. When she found herself staring at the barrel of a gun, she realised where things went wrong and now her and her group were back at fighting criminals in the area around Macau. During our last meeting, when I told her that I was going to kill her if she won't change, she finally gave up and even proposed me a plea deal. That was how I got San and his group of enforcers on my side.

We were changing things fast and getting enemies even faster. One day it was exposing a politician's relationship with a weapons trafficker. The next day, it was a police chief's secret drug business in a foreign country. The third, it was revealing another important person's involvement in a prostitution ring. I was checking off crimes of my list, taking people down after another and making my way to my father, but I was having fun on the way too.