Chapter 5, Min Yoongi Has a Crush

"Depends"

Your answer had Yoongi narrowing his eyes. What did you even mean by that?

"On what?", he asked as you looked at him with the softest smile on your face.

"On the person you end up with."

Yoongi left your hand in an instant, he never expected this. A simple question with a simple answer but you managed to give a totally new perspective to it. He was baffled, confused and a war was taking place inside of him as he just stared at you. The more he looked at you, the more convinced he was that the universe knew what it was doing when it chose you as his soulmate. He hated it that he was unable to dislike you. That's not how it worked, anyway. He was destined to fall in love with you and that was what was going to happen, unless he managed to cut the string before it happened.

He did not want to fall in love. He could not fall in love.

-------------

Yoongi had no idea why the sunset point was so famous when they could watch the sunset from literally everywhere. While Namjoon was sprewing some poetic bullshit looking at the sunset, Yoongi was just looking for some place to sit down after hiking for hours. Unfortunately for him, you decided to plop yourself down right beside him.

"Honestly, the sunset looks beautiful but I can't even focus on it when my legs are so wobbly."

Yoongi cracked a little smile at that because he could relate so much, his legs felt like jelly too. As if the whole atmosphere wasn't putting him down enough, Namjoon decided to eat Sarah's face off as they roughly made out not giving a shit about the audience.

"Oh my God, they're disgusting.", he said as he scrunched his nose. You noticed that he felt more comfortable around you than he did before and it only made you happy.

"It's love, it makes you do gross things."

"I don't think so. Even if I fell in love with someone, I wouldn't eat their face off in public like that."

"Don't be so sure of yourself, Min Yoongi.", you winked and he lost his shit. Min Yoongi's composed, calm self lost his shit.

He turned his face away so quickly that he got scared his neck was going to fall off. He should just cut the string already, he should do it before its too late and he starts regretting it for life.

"Hey, I actually had to ask you something, if you're comfortable I mean."

His head turned towards you and his silence indicated that he wanted you to ask whatever it was.

"Why did you ask me if I believed in soulmates last night? I mean, I'll be honest you don't look like the type to believe in soulmates-"

"I don't.", he cut you off and you blankly stared at him. "I don't believe in soulmates, I don't want to."

"You're scared." Yoongi had never looked so out of it his entire life. How could you see right through him when you've barely known him 2 days.

"W-what?"

"You're scared that you'll get hurt, or worse, you'll hurt the person you love. So you isolate yourself and think this is the best option available but it's not, though. You won't believe me right now because you'll think easier said than done but one day when you experience it yourself, your persective might change."

Yoongi remained silent at that while your gaze travelled to Namjoon and Sarah.

"They look so happy together, I don't think I'm looking for love right now but when it comes to me, I'll embrace it with open arms. If it comes to me, that is."