Chapter 6, Kiss Me

Yoongi couldn't sleep, he couldn't do that one thing he was amazing at. His mind kept on drifting off to when you hugged him while dancing and his heart kept on dancing in his chest.

He had totally forgotten his initial desire to cut the string as it got replaced by a new desire to be with you. He bit his lip as he held back the little smile that was threatening to spill out any second. Min Yoongi was falling in love and the realization had him getting up to get some fresh air.

The thought of falling in love felt beautiful and scary at the same time. Love only made people more vulnerable and destroys them wheh they least expect it. All the negative thoughts disappeared suddenly when he looked at you sitting on the stairs outside.

"Can't sleep?", Yoongi's voice made you flinch as you looked at him while he sat down next to you.

"It's not that I can't sleep, I don't want to sleep."

"Why?"

"The sky is too beautiful tonight." Yoongi lifted his gaze towards the sky and there was absolutely nothing extra ordinary about the sky tonight.

"It looks normal to me."

"That's the thing, Yoongi. People get used to things and stop finding beauty in them because of normalcy. It sucks, really. When the weather's changing and you're sick and tired of that weather, you find this change in the sky very beautiful but then you get used to it and it starts looking normal. For me, the beauty remains. I love how peaceful it looks and I don't think I can get tired of it."

Why were you so complicated yet so simple? It was driving Yoongi crazy, he was going to lose his mind.

"We're very different people, you know. I just realized I tend to see the negatives first while you tend to see the positives."

"That doesn't make me better than you if that's what you're thinking, Yoongi. All of us see things in different lights, that's what makes all of us special. And you...you're just..."
You struggled to complete the sentence because Yoongi looked in your eyes with such intensity that you felt chills down your spine. His concentration had you feeling some type of way and you had no idea what to think of it. Yoongi had the power to make you feel good by just being there and it made no sense at all.

"I'm just...?"

"Special. Very special."

He blushed. A grown ass man named Min Yoongi blushed like a 15 year old girl and he had no regrets.

You would've noticed his blush if your hands weren't freezing to the point that you almost stopped feeling them. Thankfully, Yoongi could multi task and he noticed you rubbing your hands together while he blushed simultaneously. He looked the other way as he took off his gloves and offered them to you, not looking at you while doing so.

A small smile crept on your face as you took the gloves and put them on. "Thank you." He just nodded in response and shit, this man was going to be the end of you.

-------------

You woke up to heavy snow everywhere and of course Sarah had to suggest skiing. So here you were at the skiing spot with no idea how to handle any of this shit.

Fortunately for you, Yoongi didn't know how to ski either so atleast you would have someone with you who would make a fool out of themselves.

Sarah and Namjoon were practically flying in their snowboards while you threw a few nervous glances at Yoongi and he did the same.

"Uhh why don't you go first?" His nervous voice proved that he was just as inexperienced as you.

"N-no, I think you should go."
He looked at you before coming up with a bargaining offer.

"Let's go together"
The word "together" was enough to make you smile as you nodded.
The only problem was that you lost your balance almost immediately after you moved, throwing your ski pole in the air as your snowboard's edge got stuck in the snow, almost making you fall on your face but you didn't. You didn't fall because Yoongi held you, he held you with all his strength as his foot got detatched from the snowboard itself in the process and he looked in pain but he held you.
You regained your balance and immediately got rid of the snowboard that wasn't made for you but Yoongi was. He was made for you and it only made him fall for you even more.

"I don't think we can do this, Yoongi. Let them ski, we should go and return the equipment."

Yoongi did a little victory dance in his head because a) he didn't embarrass himself and b) he got to see your flustered state when he held you to stop you from falling. It was a win for Yoongi the little smile on his face showed it perfectly.

------------

The whole day, you just couldn't stop thinking about Yoongi and it was weird how he made your skip a beat everytime he just looked at you. What the fuck was wrong with you?

You got out of the shower as you waited for Sarah to return to your room so that you could finally sleep.

You were drying your hair with the towel when you heard the knock on your door. Assuming it's Sarah, you simply yelled, "It's Open!"

Except that it wasn't Sarah who entered, it was Yoongi. He entered the room looking irritated but his expression changed when he looked at you drying your hair. Damn, you looked beautiful doing everything.

"Yoongi? I thought it was Sarah."

"Yes, it should've been her but she along with Namjoon kicked me out of the room because they got horny. Like are you fucking kidding me?"
You snorted at his disgusted expression like it was the most hilarious thing on this planet and he pouted like a child.

"Yeah yeah, laugh at me. Where am I supposed to go now?"

"You can sleep here, Yoongi. God, you're such a child."

"Hey! I got kicked out of my own room, my irritation is justified. Where am I even supposed to sleep? There's no couch here."

"On the bed. We can build a pillow wall between us. It's no big deal, you child."

"You call me child one more time and..."

"And? You'll tell the teacher?" You teased him and you knew by his smirk that he was enjoying this.

"And I'll throw a pillow at you." He didn't give you time to react as he started throwing pillows at you.

Before you knew it, the two of you were caught up in an endless pillow fight that left you guys breathless. You stopped to catch your breath and the next thing you knew, both of you were laughing like idiots.

"This was the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life." And the best thing but Yoongi figured he'd skip that part.

You stared at him and that's when the cotton stuck in Yoongi's hair caught your attention.

"You have cotton in your hair." You scooted closer to him as you picked it out of his hair but the closeness only made your breath hitch.

His face was so close to you and you felt him lean in even closer, making your nose touch his. That is when you saw it, the hesitant look on his face as he tried to figure out what to do next. With a racing heart and so many butterflies taking over your stomach, you finally spoke.

"Kiss me."