Chapter 13, The Truth Untold

You actually brought Taehyung along to control Jiah but that somehow became Yoongi's job after the former started helping you pick out the shade for bridemaids' dresses.

Everytime you laughed or touched Taehyung's arm, a spark of rage would ignite in Yoongi's system that only Jiah's cuteness could put out. Was he jealous? Why would he be jealous, though? This is his fourth day of being back here and he's already conflicted. Good going, Min Yoongi.

You picked out a dress and went into the changing room while your daughter and the two men waited outside. Shy and not sure of yourself, you came out adjusting your dress and the 3 pair of eyes could come out any second.

"Wahh, mommy looks like an angel in that dress." She was sitting in Yoongi's lap who had his mouth open while Taehyung pretended to have a heart attack right beside him.

"I would have asked you to marry me right now if I didn't know about your mixing ketchup and mayo together gross habit." You rolled your eyes at Taehyung's snarky remark/compliment and looked at Yoongi expectantly who was just staring at you with heart eyes.

"Yoongi, what do you think?"

"I..uh..you..you look beautiful. I mean..the dress, it looks beautiful on you." Get a grip of yourself, he thought to himself. He felt like a teenager seeing his crush up close for the very first time.

The more he looked at you, the more he knew that he was in deep shit and the thought wasn't very comforting to say the least.

☆☆

Sarah and Namjoon were your weekly blessings for they always took Jiah for a sleepover on Saturday and you got the whole day to yourself. You loved being a mom, you really did but sometimes you just needed to get drunk and not give a shit about anything else.

It had been a week since you and Yoongi started to hangout everyday and it started feeling like he never left. Like he was always a part of your and Jiah's life and it scared you. The fact that Jiah was getting so fond of him scared you, him going back scared you and just..Min Yoongi scared you.

Your drunk thoughts were a mess as you poured yourself another drink and locked your eyes on the movie that was playing on your TV. You were too drunk for your own good right now but it felt good to feel carefree every once in a while. As if you jinxed it right there and then, the door bell rang and you frowned.

"Yoongi?"

There he stood, with two different hotpots in his hands, giving his signature gummy smile just like the one your daughter had. "Well, the cocktail party is next week and I'm done with the catering menu but I just can't decide if I should go with meatball spaghetti or parmeshan chicken spaghetti so just help me choose please?"

"SPAGHETTI?" You snatched the hotpots from his hand and his eyes widened at your gesture as he followed you in. Luckily, the soju bottles explained that you were just drunk and you hadn't lost your mind.

"How much did you drink? These look like they've been consumed by 5 people."

You brought the forks only because a drunk person had no sense to bring plates and dug in. Yoongi didn't know he could find someone eating like an animal attractive up until this moment and he smiled to himself as he watched you eat.

You ate until you thought your stomach was going to explode, all while Yoongi sat next to you and waited for you to be done. "I think the one in the black hotpot tasted soooooooo much betttteeeeerrr. Okay movie time now."

Maybe being drunk made you way too carefree because now your head was on Yoongi's shoulder as you wrapped your arm around his abdomen while Yoongi stiffened.

It wasn't like he didn't like it, this was the problem. He loved it too much, the scent of shampoo from your hair, the closeness radiating the warmth felt like home and home wasn't where he belonged. He never belonged home.

"I missed you, Yoongi." These words and the sound of you sniffing was all it took Yoongi to know that you were crying now. Drunk you really had too many mood swings.

"I missed you too." He slowly whispered secretly hoping you wouldn't hear him.

You pulled back to stare right into his eyes and Yoongi then realized how much it hurt him to see tears in your eyes. All he ever wanted was to see shining stars in them and now they only shine to reflect the sadness in them.

"I'm so proud of you for being where you are today. I..I told you I'll cheer for you and I did and I'm just so proud but I'm also tired. Being a single mom is so hard, Yoongi. Take my advice and never be a single mom. I wish Jiah had a father who would take care of her with me. I just...I feel so lonely and I just miss you so much."

Your monologue ended with you putting your head on Yoongi's lap and repeating "I miss you" until you fell in deep slumber.

As Yoongi looked at you even breathing after your drunken rant, he realized three things. 1. You looked extremely beautiful while peacefully asleep.

2. He was a selfish prick who took away your chance at love and he was the sole person responsible for your loneliness. He made such a huge mistake because he was so short sighted. Instead of sorting his mess of a life for you, he ruined everything because of lack of his judgements and now there's no way he can fix anything. The two of you weren't soulmates anymore and he can't stay by your side forever no matter how much he wants to.

3. He was still madly in love with you.