Chapter 18, I love you

You know how they say that telling the truth is only hard for a short time, there's only relief after that while telling a lie is only easy for a short time, there are only hard times after that. You wished, you so badly wished you didn't lie to him because seeing him so broken and so hurt in front of you only made things harder for you.

You were silent. You were so silent that the sound of raindrops was deafening to you. Yoongi did not want such silence, though.

He shook you out of your trance, making the umbrella fall out of your hand. "I need an answer, Y/N. The truth. Please, I deserve the truth."

You looked in his teary eyes and the truth came rolling off your tongue. "I...I'm so sorry, Yoongi."

There, that was all you needed to say. Saying it now, though, did not make anything easier for you. Yoongi held his face in his hands as he silently cried while you mirrored his condition. Broken and miserable.

"What have I done, oh my God. What have I done!" Yoongi kept on repeating like a mantra and you assumed it was related to the birth of Jiah. It wasn't, though.

"I'm so sorry, Yoongi." You moved forward to hold his shoulders. "I know I deserve your hate but listen to me, we can start over. You, me and Jiah. We can-"

"STOP! Please stop." He moved out of your hold and stood up, the two of you were now soaked in both rain and agony.

"Yoongi please."

"You don't understand, Y/N. You and I, we can never be together now! I...Why did you hide this from me? Was I not worthy of being Jiah's father?"

You broke into cries when he said that, how could you make him doubt himself? You didn't deserve him, you truly didn't.

"Please don't say that. I just...I didn't want to come in the way of your dreams."

"Bullshit! You knew I was a mess that you weren't willing to have in your...our daughter's life."

"That's not true! I love you, Yoongi. How could I ever...I love you." You repeated it like a prayer, hoping he'll find it in himself to forgive you.

Yoongi froze for a second, staring into your eyes intensly before breaking into a bitter laughter. "No, Y/N. You don't."