Chapter 14, You

Namjoon really had no clue why he was sitting like a damn criminal on the couch while Yoongi walked furiously infront of him. His first instinct was that he finally found out but was proved wrong the second Yoongi opened his mouth.

"Give me Jiah's father's phone number."

Namjoon raised his eyebrow at the sudden request, "Why?"

"I was at Y/N's last night and she was drunk and she...she misses him. She wants him to be here with her and Jiah. God, I hate that bastard so much."

He hated him because you were miserable because of him but he also hated him because he was jealous that you were missing that man instead of Yoongi.

Namjoon got up from the couch and placed his hand on Yoongi's shoulder to calm him down. "She was drunk, hyung. I'm sure she knows she's better off without him. Also, why on earth would I have his number?"

"Well, just tell me his name then. I'll get his number somehow, I need to talk to him. What if he feels the same way about Y/N and wants her back?"

"Look-"

"JUST TELL ME HIS NAME, GOD DAMN IT!"

"IT'S NOT MY PLACE TO TELL YOU THE NAME! Stop acting like this for once. You were the one who left willingly when you knew she was in love with you so stop acting like you care all of a sudden!"

Namjoon knew he fucked up, especially considering you never told you loved him yourself. He also knew he fucked up with the way Yoongi was staring at him with his mouth slightly open as he tried to make sense of his friend's words.

"She was in love with me?", Yoongi asked no one in particular as he made his way back to his own room.

Just by looking at his back, Namjoon knew Yoongi was going to be a mess but what if this one slip of tongue turned out to be a blessing in disguise?

☆☆

Jiah had cute button eyes, she also had straight short hair that were usually in pigtails. Her smile was the cutest thing to ever exist and Yoongi could just combust as he stared at the little girl holding your pinky finger.

"Yoongi, how about these? I think they'll look great with the theme of the cocktail party?"

Your words brought Yoongi out of his trance as he silently nodded not even looking at the piece of cloth you had in your hand. At the back of his mind, all he could hear was Namjoon's words echo again and again. The more he looked at you and Jiah, the more he wished that he didn't leave. Especially now that he knew that you were in love with him.

"Honey, look. Such a cute family."

The two of you turned around at the sound of an older woman who was looking at you with loving eyes while her husband stood beside her acknowledging what she just said.

"Oh uhh...we're not..", you tried clarifying but when Jiah turned around to look at the woman, she gasped out loud scaring both you and Yoongi.

"She looks just like you, she's your carbon copy, young man." She pointed towards Yoongi while you felt your palms sweating, this was making you uncomfortable and you wanted to escape this situation as soon as possible.

Yoongi looked lost as he was at a loss of words, what was he supposed to say to that? That it wasn't possible because Jiah wasn't his daughter? Or was he just supposed to thank the woman to make this conversation last as short as possible? And why on earth did the thought of looking like a cute family make him feel so giddy inside?

"I hope the three of you stay like this, happy and together. Young families warm my heart so much. Okay okay, I've disturbed you enough, please carry on with your shopping." She waved at Jiah while you awkwardly thanked her and moved to the other side to avoid meeting Yoongi's eyes for atleast 5 minutes. This was the most embarrassing encounter ever and as much as the thought of looking like a family with Yoongi made you feel happy, you weren't going to torture yourself with short lived bliss.

Yoongi, on the other hand stared at the back of your head and the little girl beside you who was too busy playing with her toy. Something inside him turned and he realized this was it. All it took was that older woman to acknowledge the three of you as a family for Yoongi to realize that this was what he wanted. A family. A family with someone he was in love with. A small happy family and he would do anything to make that happen.

He knew it was selfish of him to even think, no hope this but in that moment, Yoongi only wished you still had some love left for him. It was his life's mission to make you fall for him again because for once Min Yoongi was sure what he wanted in life.

You.