Chapter 21, Is this the end?

We're nearing the end! Let's all cry together.

☆☆

Yoongi ran behind you, he didn't even know why he was running behind you. "Y/N, wait!"

And so you did, turning around to face a crying Yoongi. "Please forgive me, Yoongi"
Was all you said before you knelt down before him with sobs leaving you.

Yoongi ran over to you, kneeling down in front of you and holding you in his arms. "Stop! Get up, Y/N."

He made you get up and wiped your tears away. He suddenly looked confident and sure of his actions. "I...I'm not in a place to forgive you. Can't you see? You always did the right thing. I'm toxic and I'm contagious. I've only been here in your life twice and both times I've only made your life more difficult. You did the right thing by not telling me anything, Jiah's going to grow much better without me."

"Please don't say that! That's not true, you're an amazing father."

"Shhh, let me talk." He dismissed your words by putting a finger on your lips. "I've always been selfish and that's how I'll always be. You didn't tell me because you didn't want to hold me back but I'm selfish. I'm leaving even after knowing that Jiah's my daughter, aren't I? Please stop blaming yourself. I'm not worth it, in the end I will always leave. That's the only thing I know."

Yoongi was bullshitting his way through his words. If he had to leave, it was better to leave by making sure you were going to get over him and never return. He was going to lie until you believed him and then he would never mess with your feelings again. He'll let the hatred live inside you for the rest of your life.

"I just got overwhelmed after hearing that Jiah's my daughter and blurted out something I didn't mean. I just...I got confused. I'm really sorry, it's you who needs to forgive me. Not the other way around."

You stood there still, not knowing whether all of this was a nightmare or was he really saying all of this. "You don't mean that...you.."

It took all the courage Yoongi had to not breakdown and look you sternly in your eyes and say the biggest lie that existed. "It's the truth, Y/N."

You got yourself out of his hold and let out a bitter laugh. "I see right through you, Min Yoongi. You're lying but if you so desperately want me to believe your lie, I'll believe it. I'll let you go but please. If you're leaving this time, do not ever return in our lives again. Please."

With your back turned towards him, Yoongi let his tears flow. His heart clenched inside of him and he felt like he was going to die, he couldn't breathe.

The love story that the two of you wished for came to its tragic end and there was nothing you could do about it.