Chapter 19, A Purpose

"Hey man, so Sarah and I have made this pact of living in separate rooms till our wedding and woah, what the fuck happened to you?"

Yoongi looked like a human definition of dead, his eyes were puffy from crying for hours while his body leeched on to the bed.

"I'm fine."

Namjoon sat on the edge of the bed, raising one of his eyebrows and looking Yoongi dead in his eyes. "What is it?"

"Jiah's my daughter."

"Oh. You finally found out?"

The covers were off Yoongi's chest and on the floor in a second. "You knew?"

"All of us knew, hyung. She was pregnant when you left, all the dots were connected for us."

Yoongi stood and Namjoon knew that he was about to blow up. "Namjoon, you KNEW that Jiah's my daughter and you didn't tell me? Please tell me this isn't the truth. I cannot handle another betrayal, not right now."

"I got to know it after you left. Either ways, it was not my place to tell you. It should've been Y/N and her alone."

"Do you even understand what has happened? I...I can't be with Y/N anymore because everyone decided to fucking play hide and seek with me and I love her. I love her so damn much, Namjoon."

At this Namjoon sighed and stood up to pat Yoongi's shoulder. "You really cannot blame Y/N when you yourself chose to leave. She would've told you if you chose to stay but you didn't. Have you thought that maybe she didn't think she was worth staying for you and that's why she didn't tell you? I mean yes she was wrong but so were you and now you have a second chance. If you love her, why not just stay this time?"

Namjoon made sense, like always. Although the tears in Yoongi's eyes said something completely different. Yoongi blamed you, not because he was totally innocent himself but because it was easier than to blame himself for something that could not be corrected. What you did atleast had a solution, what he did was unforgiveable. And so he decided to blame you because atleast that way, he'll have less hatred in his heart.

☆☆

Two days had gone by since you faced Yoongi. You had no idea what you wanted to tell him the next time you saw him, would he even listen? You were broken but Jiah's constant nagging about seeing her Shoogy broke you even more. Taehyung came in like a guardian angel to save you from the heartbreak, or really just get you more heartbroken, who knows.

You were sitting inside Sarah's house whole Taehyung showed her wedding dress on full display.

"I stitched the bow where you wanted and this is going to look so ethereal on you."
Sarah clapped her hands excitedly at Tae's words and you smiled at her, feeling envious at the same time.

Sarah looked at you not knowing what to say to you knowing everything about the situation and when did things become so difficult for everyone?

As if right on cue, Yoongi came down the stairs and he was on the verge of crying again just by looking at you. This was too soon, he was not ready to see you yet. Were you ready to see him yet?

Noticing the awkward energy, Sarah took her wedding dress from Taehyung's hand and announced that she was going to try it now.

Taehyung patted Yoongi's shoulder and you don't know what he was thinking when he blurted the next words. "So man, Y/N and I are going for lunch. Why don't you join us?"

Yoongi looked at you, a look that you knew meant that he wasn't ready to spend time with you like everything's normal. "I have to go somewhere urgently and then come back pack. Maybe next time."

"Pack? Where are you going?" Taehyung's question was innocent but you knew, oh you knew you messed up bad.

"I'm leaving on the night of Namjoon's wedding. Have taken way too many off days already."

Despite everything, you had to explain. You had to atleast try. "Yoongi, can I talk to you?

"I'm running late, I'll see you guys later." And with that, he was out of the door leaving you heartbroken and Taehyung confused.

"Damn, I thought I was going to die with all that tension. Is everything okay between the two of you."

With a smile that said otherwise, with a heart that said otherwise, you lied with your whole chest. "Yes."

Taehyung was not dumb, though. He knew what he saw and he knew what was getting in the way. The purpose of his life was finally getting defined infront of him and he couldn't be happier.