Chapter 12, A Part of Your World

Whenever anyone asked you about Jiah's father, you always had one answer but now you weren't so sure if you should resort to that or not.

Despite your initial hesitance, you decide to go with it, "He lives abroad, it was a one night stand."

Yoongi observes your expressions and he clearly sees the weight your words hold. Was it sadness? Embarrassment? He doesn't know.

"Right, I forgot to ask you this. Why was Jiah calling you Shoogy?"

Yoongi shakes his head as his lips curve upwards at the cute nickname he got from the 3 year old. "She asked me who I was so I told her my name was Yoongi but she can call me Suga because it is my stage name. She mixed them both, I guess."

Yoongi came back into your life, bringing nothing but joy and calmness. How long was it going to stay like this, though?

☆☆

The ride back to Namjoon's house was quiet for the most part but Yoongi's throat was itching and he knew he couldn't hold it in any longer, especially since Sarah decided to stay at your place and he might not get time with Namjoon alone like this again for a long time. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" Namjoon very well knew what Yoongi was referring to but he needed to buy time to come up with an excuse.

"About Y/N's daughter."

"We never talked about her so it never came up."

Yoongi knew it was a bullshit excuse, it wasn't a small thing that Namjoon could've skipped. It was a major development in your life and knowing how Namjoon told him about the post man getting fired for stealing coupons, there was no way he didn't tell him this just because it never came up.

"Well, who's the father?", Yoongi observed Namjoon's hand gripping the stearing wheel tighter as he threw difficult questiond at him one at a time.

"Just somebody Y/N dated for a while, he doesn't live here anymore. Why do you care so much?"

"She told me it was a one night stand, though."

Namjoon really wanted to crash the car into a tree right now just so Yoongi could stop investigating. "Yeah, like she dated him for like a week and only did it once so it equates to one night stand in today's modern world, you know."

"Who's Taehyung?"

Namjoon parked the car on the roadside and glared at Yoongi who glared back at him with equal intensity. "What is wrong with you? You've never been the one to be so interested in someone's life? You're...you're over Y/N, right?"

Yoongi diverted his gaze to look off at nowhere in particular, his adam's apple bobbing up and down. "Of course, it's been four years. I'm curious, that's all."

Namjoon sighed before he decided to answer one last question for his best friend. "Taehyung's Y/N's boss and her friend from university. After she dropped out, he-"

"She dropped out?" Yoongi's horrified eyes stopped Namjoon mid sentence who just nodded and continued.

"Yes, she gave birth to Jiah right before the last semester started and couldn't handle the stress from university and raising her daughter alone so she dropped out. Anyway, so Taehyung's father owned a hotshot designer firm who retired from the industry two years ago and so Taehyung took over and offered Y/N a job. She's not making as much as she would've if she was a designer herself but it's enough for her to live comfortably. Taehyung really takes care of her and Jiah, anyway. Sometimes I feel like God sent him as a gift and a blessing for Y/N."