Chapter 20, The Wedding

The wedding day came crashing on you and Yoongi like a hurricane. He knew he had to see you again but most importantly, he had to see Jiah again. You made sure Yoongi didn't meet Jiah before the wedding day because of the toll it might take on him but you couldn't do anything anymore. You decided that it had to be today, if you wanted to say anything to him, it had to be today. Today wasn't just a big day for Namjoon and Sarah, it was a huge day for you and Yoongi too, one that was going to change your life forever.

The doors were closed and you knew that Yoongi stood there along with Namjoon as the bridesmaids got ready to walk down the aisle. You were only worried about your little daughter who was walking beside you as the special maid of honour because you were sure seeing Jiah was going to break Yoongi's heart now that he knew she is his daughter.

The doors opened and the bridesmaids walked down. You held in your breath as you glanced down towards Jiah, the flowers she was holding were dancing in her hands and the scene made you smile even while you were anxious. It was your turn to walk in, there was no going back.

"Let's go, Jiah."

There, you saw him. Yoongi standing behind Namjoon, wearing a black Tux with his arms infront. You could hear your heartbeat in your ears and it was frustrating. It was so hard to know that you both loved each other yet couldn't be together because of the life choices you made.

Yoongi's situation wasn't very different either. He saw you walking down the aisle wearing a peach dress that looked so beautiful on you. His eyes then drifted towards his daughter who wore the same dress as you and his heart just became so full. How did he never realize how much she looked like him? Her smile mirrored his, her nose looked like his yet she was so much like you too. The fact that the two of you managed to make someone so beautiful like Jiah was beyond him. She was HIS daughter yet he was never in his life. Oh what he would do to just hear Jiah calling him her dad. Just the thought made his eyes full of tears and so he looked away. It was short lived because before he knew it, Jiah gave no shits about the protocol and ran over to hug Yoongi.

"SHOOGY, I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!"
Yoongi knelt down and engulfed her in a tight hug, making sure he remembered how it felt to hug his daughter.

Everyone laughed at the little kid just running off but thankfully you were already close when Jiah decided that Yoongi was more important than this.

Namjoon signalled Yoongi to stand straight because it was finally time for Sarah to walk down the aisle and so he stood up but the little maid of honour refused to let go of the best man's hand the entire time.

Namjoon cried and oh boy did he cry a river when he saw Sarah walking towards him. He cried when she stood infront of him and he cried when she said her vows. It was emotional for you to witness the two of them finally reaching this place. Years of togetherness had brought them here and witnessing their growth had you feeling a certain type of way. The two of them had been there for you through every hard phase of your life and you were thankful, thankful that you witnessed their love and thankful that you had them in your life.

☆☆

You were feeling overwhelmed because of way too many reasons. A) Yoongi was leaving in a few hours. B) Jiah wouldn't leave his side and the more you looked at them, the more you hated yourself for not giving them this happiness before. C) It was time for your toast and you were going to cry.

"Hi, hello everyone. I'm Y/N, Sarah's best friend or rather someone who has to hear her whining about Namjoon breaking the toilet seat at 3 in the morning." The laughters filled up the hall and your eyes landed on Yoongi to see if there was any hint of amusement on his face but there wasn't. He hated you, you were sure of it and now you wanted to cry even more.

"I met Sarah when she was this ball of outspoken energy and if I'm going to be honest, I used to be very intimidated by her. But then Namjoon came in her life. I still remember his entry in her life, it wasn't very fairytale like. He broke her chair by walking past her. How can you even do that?"

Namjoon laughed as he held Sarah's hand tighter and mouthed a "I don't know, either."

"Ever since that day, I've seen them grow into these imperfect yet perfect human beings. They're so in love that it surprises you at times. But above all, they're the best friends I will always be thankful for. Just by looking at them, I've realized love isn't perfect."

You were now looking at Yoongi straight in his eyes and he wasn't looking away this time either. "Love is making mistakes and then acknowledging them together later. Love is burning breakfast in the morning together, love is snoring too loud in the night, love is nagging at each other to turn off the light at night, love is arguments and banters but above of all, love is beautiful. Love is also a shoulder to cry and lean on, love is butterflies in the stomach and laughter. Love is...love is togetherness for eternity."

You couldn't continue because you were crying like a mess and your voice grew smaller enough to tell everyone that you were too emotional for this right now and so you passed your mic to Yoongi who was also on the verge of crying.

"I..I just...best of luck for your life ahead, Namjoon and Sarah and I'm.." His voice was cracking and when he saw you leave, he stopped talking altogether. Taehyung took this opportunity to snatch the mic from him and make things easier for everyone.

"Well, my friends here are hell bent on making the bride cry and I don't want her to ruin her make up so everyone on the dance floor now!"

Yoongi ran behind you, he didn't even know why he was running behind you. "Y/N, wait!"