Chapter 1 -Moving out-

Finally, a new place to myself. I hated living in that cramped house. I didn't really have any good friends that've moved out yet so I didn't have roommates. I did have a few friends but I don't hang out with them a lot, art and research take up most of my time. I liked to make art in general, I also loved to invent things. I was a fast learner apparently. My parents once put me in a sword fighting class in an effort for me to make more friends, I got out of it a year ago but at least I know how to use a broadsword. That knowledge is totally useless. They just wanted me to happy. To be honest every class or club they put me in was completely pointless. I never needed to learn about the best chess moves, or how to make a pillow out of cheap crappy fabric you could find in a dumpster. I forgot everything I've ever learned in those useless activities, besides sword fighting and self defense cause those were actually fun but still a bit pointless. When I still lived with my parents I was using the old basement at home as a workshop, using scrap metal I found. Now I had the freedom to do what I want. There was a good collage that accepted me nearby and I wanted a job with NASA. My foster parents told me I should use my talents to help people. It's also why I look up to them.

My foster parents were kind, they lent me enough money to buy a small place to myself. They respected my ambitions and acknowledged what I wanted to do in life. I feel bad for all of the people I know that have it worse than me when it came to their parents. Even though they were so nice to me, I never really got used to calling them my parents out loud, they weren't my biological ones anyway. I sometimes try think of them as really close friends but that falls flat as well. Like some sort of weird middle ground. I do have some memories with my actual parents but I don't talk or think about it often. An old classmate of mine told me that I should tell someone, it's bad to keep all those secrets bottled up in the back of your head.

Shaking my head, I looked around. The house was decent, not to big but not tiny. Of course I was a little scared about living by myself but it was for the best. I had already paid a team of broke college students to set up all of my furniture. I don't really have time for it. I took a deep breath and grabbed my blue and white suitcase, dragging it inside. The sound of wheels against the concrete stopped as I fiddled with the keys to the house, the sound making me feel more uneasy. Finally I opened the door to a dark hallway before walking in. I look around, peering into different rooms before finally finding my bedroom. As soon as I put my stuff down, I pulled out my laptop. I had to do some work before I could fully unpack. Money was what I needed since I was still applying for part time jobs, but I had my ways. Working as a virtual assistant for bigger companies was my greatest source of revenue. I also designed posters and fliers. It wasn't a lot of money but I did what I had to do to get by.

•••

After two hours, I closed the lid of the laptop with a satisfying 'click'. I cracked my knuckles and stretched my arms slightly before standing up. I carefully placed the laptop on my bed and walked over to the kitchen. I yawned a little and contemplated whether or not I should change into something more comfortable. I was currently wearing a grey jacket with a black shirt and jeans. I decided I would after getting some food and taking a break since I was probably going to pull another all nighter. One of the companies I was temporarily working for wanted me to work on a large project. That was going to take a while and I just wanted to get it done and out of the way. I looked around the kitchen before realizing that I still had some instant ramen noodles that my parents gave me. I don't have time to go to the convenience store. I could do it tomorrow. As I reached into the box of noodles there was suddenly a loud noise, a bit like old TV static. Out of my peripheral vision is saw a flash of purple light. Alarmed, I immediately looked around me and saw nothing. "I need more sleep." I said muttering to myself.

Walking over to a large couch, I ate my food and turned on the television. I wasn't really paying attention since there was nothing that caught my eye. Slowly my mind started to wander down the spiral of thought that I had built a long time ago. After my vision had fogged up I noticed a purple light flare up like a flame in front of me, snapping me out of my mind. I was paralyzed for a second. It looked like a rip. It was flickering and on the other side I thought I could see something that resembled a purple galaxy type pattern, or some sort of star dust you see after a really cool explosion in movies. Out of curiosity I decided to investigate. It could lead to something really cool or I could die. It's a 50/50 chance so I might as well try. Slowly, I approached it. Something urged me to go touch or get a feel of whatever it was. As I got closer, I reached out my hand barely touching the rift. It felt smooth for some reason, the feeling was somehow familiar. Then as I was about to back away, without warning I was thrown into the rift. I could feel an invisible force pulling on my arm as it dragged me in. I was falling through what looked like a cloud of stardust. Rad. Glowing clouds surrounded me, which should've probably made me more terrified than I was at the moment. I suddenly stopped mid-air, taking a moment to wonder where the hell I was. I looked around the weird place, admiring it for a second. Then I noticed a bright white light. It was bright enough that I had to shield my eyes until they properly adjusted. It looked like a big pearl. Since I was already in this place and there was no going back now, I reached out to touch it. As soon as I did a bright light blinded me, making me shield my eyes for a second.