Chapter 2 -This is happening too fast-

As I was falling I heard more yelling past the sparkling smoke. What did I get myself into. I could've just walked away but here I am, probably going insane. At the time I was understandably very freaked out. After a minute I hit the solid ground, my vision grew foggy making me squint. As I got up and my vision cleared up, I was clearly in a similar looking area that I fell in before. I was really hoping it would've been my house but I guess I'm too far down this rabbit hole to go back anyways. "This clearly isn't where I wanted to be." I groaned, annoyed.

Eerily similar to the incident earlier, I heard a commotion near where I landed. Muttering to myself, annoyed and tired, I hesitantly walked towards the noise. As I got closer, the creaking of metal wheels and loud gunfire could be heard. It was another battleground. This time it clearly wasn't trench warfare. Two groups were firing at each other, both taking cover behind trees and behind giant tanks. The machines still looked outdated compared to the recent technology I had seen.

The group closest to me, who I assumed was French due to the language they were screaming at each other, seemed to be unaware of another group I saw, flanking them from behind. Again, going against my better judgment, I yelled at them to look out and ran at them. Though most of them probably didn't understand what I said. The Frenchmen were alarmed and some turned around to see what I was pointing at and screeching about. A group of armed soldiers had made their way behind the losing French group.

Time seemed to slow down, thinking about it I clearly couldn't be alive if this has all happened in one day. Either that or I'm just hallucinating. I snapped out of thought and ended up punching one dude in the stomach, then proceeded to kick another soldiers knees. Time seemed to stand still. I could see the pain make its way up to their faces and as I jumped back and finally caught up with me when the two men went flying. A bit surprised, I winced. "Sorry!" I called out. The soldiers around me paused for a second. The ones facing me were the first to react. I saw that one of them, probably the commanding officer, shouting out orders in what sounded like German. The French units behind me quickly came to their senses and took cover.

As I was just about to run, one soldier was too slow and was in the line of fire. I could feel my heart drop. Basically committing suicide at this point, I swiftly grabbed his arm and started to pull. A pain shot through my arm, stinging as I moved. It was a gunshot wound. Time seemed to freeze again as I dragged him away. The bullets almost frozen in midair.

As I dragged the soldier to safety, hearing more yells and shouts as reinforcements came, helping the troops retreat. My vision grew blurry and blood spilled out onto the ground. As I was falling unconscious I noticed that there was something wrong with my blood. It felt thicker, and there was an unusual shine to it. Yells in French grew closer as the soldier noticed my situation. He started yelling, lifting my head up as it he was trying to get me to stay awake. That's when I blacked out from blood loss.

•••

I opened my eyes to blurry vision and a crap ton of pain. "-after that we did some tests. She has an accelerated healing process and there's something strange about her skin or her DNA. We also found these on her." As my vision returned I saw someone who was probably a doctor and a man with an... American flag for a face? What is up with these people? Do walking flag humans just start existing now and I just never got the memo? Suddenly I shot up. "You better not touch my stuff." I said, wincing as pain shot through my arm. I bit my lip to stop myself from letting out any noises as the pain slowly dissipated.

Both men looked over at me. To be honest I stopped caring. This wasn't my home and I have no idea what was happening. I've probably snapped already or was on some sort of drug trip. I knew I should've eaten something other than instant ramen. I saw the flag man holding onto something. At a second glance I noticed it was my phone. "Hey, give me my stuff back!" I yelled. As soon as I shouted, someone broke down the door.

There were two people standing in the doorway. The French woman and a man with the British flag as a head. Both looked extremely panicked. I was seriously done with whoever those people were. "We heard shouting, what is the matter?" The man said politely, even though he looked like he was about to run at any moment. The woman behind him looked at me and her eyes widened with surprise. "You're that woman! I saw you during the last war!" I could already feel the sweat on my neck but I nervously brushed it off. "Yeah, I saw you like an hour ago." I said, returning my attention to the distracted American flag. I grabbed my phone out of his hand. "I'll be taking that back." I said, annoyed slightly but more confused and shaken.

Everyone else was also very confused. The Brit turned to the Frenchwoman. "An hour ago?" "I did see her go through some sort of glowing light. I don't know what happened to her after that." The woman replied. Everyone turned to me for an answer. I could feel their eyes boring into me as I just looked down. "Look, to be honest I don't know where I am and probably when." I said calmly. Since they had no idea what a phone was then I probably wasn't in the 21st century. "Also I need an answer to that and an answer to who the hell are you."

The flag people looked at each other. The silence was finally broken. "We're countries. I'm America, that's Britain and France. You're in one of our military bases and the year is 1942."

Times edited: 2
Last edited: -