Chapter 9 -Food!-

Vietnam insisted that we take his car. He drove with me in the passenger seat and Philippines in the back. The three of us get along quite well. As we talked I noticed that Vietnam's star turned a bit orange and the Philippines red turn vibrant. Told funny stories, made jokes, and played guess that country. "Okay my turn! I like my wine like I like my men, sophisticated." Vietnam said, making gestures with his left hand. "FRANCE!" Me and Philippines shouted, looking at each other and laughing.

As we got to the address Japan sent us, we saw North and South Korea at each others throats in the parking lot. "They're at it again." The Philippines said, letting out an exasperated sigh. "Do they always act like this?" I asked, looking out the window as we parked. "They used to get along before their mother fell into a coma. We don't know what happened but all of a sudden they were about to kill each other." Vietnam said, turning off the engine and getting out of the car.

Getting out, we followed Vietnam who pulled apart the squabbling countries. "Hey, no fighting right now. Especially in front of others." He said, I didn't notice that he had gestured over to me. The two countries listened and walked away from each other. As the rest met up with us, Japan lead us into a café. As the countries were ordering I stood back. "Aren't you getting anything?" China asked me. "I would but I don't have any money." I said, looking at him. "Do you want coffee or boba tea?" "You don't have to China!" I insisted. China wouldn't give up until I eventually agreed.

Walking over to the table the others had saved, I waited as the others sat down with drinks and small cakes. China was the last one to sit down, carrying two drinks and a box of mochi. "You know you didn't have to do that." I said as China handed me my drink. "Not a problem! It's what friends are for right?" I paused, looking down slightly. "That's the first time someone's said that to me in a while." All the countries at the table looked over at me. "Didn't you have friends from where you come from? Actually, where do you come from?" South Korea asked.

Looking away from the group I answered. "I lived in a foster home for most of my life. I never had friends in high school because work was more important to me. I moved out when I turned 18 then fell through a hole to find you guys. You guys are my first friends since elementary. As for where I come from... I'm not really sure. I'm just surprised that you all trust me so easily." The countries kept asking me if I was ok after I said that. I told them not to worry, they changed the subject as we ate.

As we were eating we mostly talked about politics and watched the twins get into small disputes. Suddenly a cinnamon roll was thrusted at my face. Looking over I saw North Korea standing over me. "Umm, are you asking me if I want one?" "No, you haven't eaten anything yet. I'm going to make you eat if you don't do it yourself." He growled, shoving the roll into my hands. I thanked him for it and started eating. As I took small bites of the roll, I noticed the others glaring at North Korea who was smirking. I guess it was just because of the tension between the two groups.

(AN: Sorry it's so short)