Chapter 5 -I'm too tired for this-

This was the third time. Clouds were still beautiful but it lost its charm since I've seen it more than once. I'm getting kinda sick of falling. Somehow this time it seemed longer than the last two. I hope they're okay though, we heard German soldiers closing in before I fell.

Finally after what seemed like forever, I exited the midway. I'm calling it the midway because I'm always there when I go through these rips. The sky was dark, the stars shown through the sky and a bright full moon lit the Earth. Again, I crashed into the ground with no pain besides a sore arm. Brushing myself off I got up. I was still in a forest, this time I heard the sound of cars.

A voice rang out from the woods. "Wait, Canada I didn't mean it!" Running towards the sound, I reached the edge of the woods to see the road. Someone was running across, a dumb idea, and before they knew it a car had come up on the hill. Presumably they weren't able to see them because I only made out the silhouette.

"Watch out!" The figure stopped and turned towards the car, realizing that it was too late. Suddenly I had ran at them, pushing them to the side and being hit straight on. At least the driver tried to slow down, they ended up driving away. Pain shot through my side, I could barely move. Only managing to get on my back. "Are you two ok?!" Shouted a familiar voice from across the road. Cars stopped to help me as the person I saved called an ambulance. Suddenly I saw a face I didn't think I'd see again. "Ame...rica..."

•••

I heard voices, they were blurred together for some reason. After a moment my hearing cleared. "I think she's waking up." Slowly I opened my eyes and my vision cleared. Remembering everything that had happened I shot up, slightly regretting it. "Is that dude okay?" I asked looking at the people around me. I recognized most of them. There was America, Britain, France, China, and new faces who I assumed were Canada, Germany, and Russia. So I'm not back home and instead there's even more strange walking flags. Great.

America freaked out slightly, telling me to "lay down you're hurt." To be honest it hurt a bit but not as much as I thought it would. "Thanks for saving me back there. Are you okay?" Said Canada, messing with his hoodie strings. Looking back at him I smiled. "No problem. I'm fine, it only stings a little." I said, making sure to stress 'a little'. I could barely even take a breath before I got tackled by France. "Mon amie! They said you fell, I missed you so much!" She said, tears threatening to spill. "France, I'm okay. Don't worry about me." I reassured her. Woah last time I check wasn't France the one who was worried about me running away. I do feel kinda bad though, she seems so genuine.

The country who was probably Russia cleared his throat. "America says you know my dad." I looked over, pausing for a second. Suddenly it hit me. "Er.. yeah" "If you know him you must know my dad right?" Said Germany. There was a small silence before the UK grabbed me. "You still haven't told us how he assaulted you!" He shouted, obviously very angry. "Britain calm down, he was actually nice up to where he pinned me to a wall and tried to bite my neck." I calmly explained, trying to play it off as a joke (thank god my sense of humor is still terrible). Germany looked uncomfortable while the UK was getting riled up. I noticed America was having a nosebleed. "Meri imagined it!" Canada said with a laugh. "No I didn't you idiot!" America said chasing his brother out of the room. I should check if I'm allowed to hit countries over the head with chairs.

I noticed that somehow I was still in my normal clothes. A nurse came in and shooed everyone out of the room. The very same day I was released from the hospital. Doctors kept me for a bit to take blood samples due to my unnatural abilities. Since the countries kept insisting I was released from further tests I was free to go. Gee I wonder what changed.

The same countries were waiting for me outside. The nurse told me that it was 2019 when I asked so I landed here at the same time as when I left. I doubt that this is my home since these countries walk around so casually yet I'd never heard about them. "Do you have anywhere to go?" America asked. I shook my head, slightly embarrassed. "You can stay with me!" All the countries said at the same time, well at least the ones I met before. I don't even know how that's possible but then again they're walking flags so I have no right to judge. Apparently Germany, Russia, and America live together while France and Britain live with someone named Poland. They started to argue for a minute before using a match of rock, paper, scissors to decide. Russia won against France (reluctantly, America lost in the first round so he forced Russia to join in) so I guess I'm trapped with them now. I'm starting to get the feeling that this isn't a dream anymore, or at least a very long one.