Chapter 20 -The, smaller, meeting-

I woke up to see a sleeping ASEAN, hugging me closer. I blushed a little and tried to slowly pull away. That failed as he wrapped his arms around me, smiling in his sleep. I blushed slightly and buried my face in his shirt. Why does this feel so nice? It's calm and peaceful, it's also pretty warm. I thought back on some of the memories I had with the other countries. Now that I think of it when I spend time with some of the countries they almost looked as if they were blushing. Did they....

No, they couldn't have liked me. I'm just some random person that just so happened to end up in this situation. We're just friends. Nothing more. As I thought I felt ASEAN move, I looked up to see him slowly open his eyes. "Good morning!" I said quietly, smiling at him like nothing was wrong. "Good morning." He said, smiling back before letting go of me. I got up and started grabbing my things. "Oh, you can use the bathroom next to my room. The other bathroom in the house is shared by the others." I nodded and started to head towards the door, I glanced back at ASEAN who had already gotten out of bed. He stretched slightly and walked over to his very messy desk. I went into the bathroom and got ready, changing into something casual but cute.

As I was about to exit I felt something in
my pocket. I didn't put anything in there. I pulled out whatever it was and saw that it was that weird crystal necklace I saw earlier. That's odd, did I have it the entire time? For some reason the red crystal seemed like it was glowing faintly, or it was just brighter than the last time I saw it. I guess I'm just seeing things. It was a really nice either was so I decided to put it on. I hid it under my shirt and sighed. I wonder if anyone was looking for it. If they asked around of course I would give it to them but I don't want to lose it. I walked out and went downstairs. I heard Philip and Vietnam talking in the kitchen while I heard a pan sizzling. In the living room was Malaysia and Indonesia talking on the couch. "Are you okay Malay?" I called out, walking over to the couch. "I'm perfectly fine, just confused as to what happened last night." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "What about you? Did you sleep well." I hesitated slightly before blushing from embarrassment at the memory from last night. "Y-yeah." God I was way too weak.

There was a short moment of silence before Indo spoke up. "What the hell did he do last night?! I swear if he tried anything I'll-" "Indo calm down! I'm fine we just had to share a bed." I said, smiling at him. "WHAT-" "N-no not like that! I just didn't want him to sleep on the floor!" Finally Malaysia pulled him back. "Calm down, you know he wouldn't try anything." Before Indo could reply a yell was heard from the kitchen. "GET OVER HERE, BREAKFAST IS READY!" I immediately recognized the voice as Philippines. I looked over to the stairs again to see Thailand and Myanmar arguing again while almost knocking each other down. I winced a little. I hated seeing people fight. I never talk about my feelings or why I get so upset with anyone else, even thought it's all thanks to my biological parents, because when I think about it or talk about it I tend to break down like I did yesterday. I put on a smile and waved at the countries who had just arrived. "Watch out!" Vietnam said from behind me. He was carrying a bunch of food, I could tell that the plates were a combination of Vietnam and Philippines' cooking. Honestly, it looked delicious. The real question was how was he balancing all of them on his arms? Why was there one on his head?!

As the remaining countries arrived I sat down. "Try this! It's really good!" Philippines said as he walked out of the kitchen holding a plate in his hand. He sets the plate down in front of me and pulls out the chair to my right, taking a seat. I took a bite of the food and was honestly really surprised. I haven't really eaten much since I met the countries but this was one of the best things I've eaten so far. "So...?" I heard Phil ask. "I loved it!" I said, smiling at the country. As I said that Philip beamed with joy and happiness, again I laughed slightly from how childish he was acting. For some reason I a feeling of someone staring at me as I continued to eat. I couldn't shake it. It made more sense when I saw another country out of the corner of my eye staring at the two of us. I couldn't tell who it was since it was only in my peripheral vision. Wait, comparing this to my previous experiences....
Did the ASEAN countries....

Have an argument about who was the best cook?

I mean it made sense. As I was lost in thought I felt a small tap on my shoulder. It was Brunei. "Did you hear what ASEAN asked you?" He said, making me shake my head and look over to ASEAN. "We're holding a more secretive meeting at the government building closest to here. Only current countries in the UN have been informed about it. Sadly you can't listen to this one either so we had to call some.... special friends. Are you okay with staying in the lobby with them?" ASEAN asked. I could feel Philippines grow tense next to me but ignored it at the moment. "I'll be fine!" I reassured everyone as I put on a smile so they wouldn't be worried. As I predicted it calmed everyone down. "Well we better start getting ready because it starts shortly after noon." Singapore said, getting up. I nodded and stood up as well, taking my plates to the sink. As I helped the group of countries clean up I looked out one of the windows, seeing a white bird soar across the sky above us.
I wonder if anyone will be able to experience what that bird experiences. Being able to fly without a destination, only where your gut tells you to go. That's a part of freedom I guess. But have I ever actually been free?
Everyone in my world took that freedom away from me.