Chapter Three

Mike rubbed his face, Eddie was lying in the bed beside him, Mike smiled at Eddie's sleeping form. Mike loved the cloths Eddie slept in, they made him look so cute, an old, faded I Love Derry shirt and grey flannel pants. Mike walked over to the bathroom and splashed some water on his face, evidently waking Eddie.

"Mike?" Eddie said sleepily

"One sec Edds..." Mike said hastily wiping the water away from his face

"I slept over?" he asked

"Ya, why?"

"My Mum's gonna kill me! I didn't bring my pills with me."

"Eddie, they're placebos, they're bullshit."

"Gazebos?" he asked

"Um.. yea sure Edds."

"Bullshit?"

"That ya got right."

"But... bu... What?"

"Eddie, go back to sleep."

"School?"

"Weekend."

"Oh. ok then Miko."

"Mike."

"Fine."

Mike walked downstairs slowly, hoping not to wake Richie, the last thing Mike wanted to to deal with now was him.

"Mike?" It was Richie

"What Rich?"

"Did Eddie sleep over?"

"Why do you care?"

"I dunno."

"Just go away Rich."

"That's what I told your mother last night when she came knocking on my door."

"You mean our mother?"

"What? Oh.. shit."

"Yeah, go away."

"But is he here now?"

"Yeah, now stop Rich."

"Fine." Richie walked upstairs passing Mike's bedroom as he walked to his own, Eddie was lying asleep on Mike's bed, he was facing the door, Richie saw a faint smile creep onto his face, making his heart flutter. He crossed the last few steps to his bedroom and shut the door, he stepped back and fell onto his bed. Tears started to leak from his eyes, the only boy he would ever love was next door to him, in the room next to him, in his brother's bed, the only boy he would ever love, he just couldn't have.