Chapter Five

Mike walked the halls alone that Monday, his hand left cold, he was still trying to figure out exactly what had happened that morning, if he and Eddie were ok, weather to kill his brother slowly or just put him out of his misery. He was so angry, at Richie but also at Eddie, Eddie just left when Mike asked and went down to Richie. Mike always knew Eddie liked his Brother, he just tried to ignore that, because he had chosen Mike right? Mike knew that Richie wasn't the type of stable guy Eddie was looking for, but then again Mike thought he was.

"Mike?" It was Eddie

"What?"

"I'm so sorry." Eddie ran towards him and locked him in a tight embrace, one that was not returned.

"Shouldn't you be with my brother now?"

"No?"

"What do you wand Eddie?"

"Not Edds?"

"What do you want?"

"Mike." Mike kept walking, fast.

"What! I've had it Eddie! Just go to Richie. Leave!"

"Is that really what you want."

"It's not what I want but it's going to happen eventually so why not now? Otherwise look me in the eyes and tell me that you love me, tell me that you want to be with me." Mike said spinning around

"Mike..."

"See, you can't. Just go, it hurts too much to see your face." he said walking away and unlike the last few times, Eddie didn't follow.

It's not true, Eddie did love mike, he still does. He just doesn't want to hurt him even more, If Eddie goes to Richie in the end. It's better just to break it off now, end the suffering. Eddie just wanted things to go back to normal, if only Richie could have just kept his mouth shut. Eddie needed to tell Richie what he had done, how wrong of him it was to say that.

"Richie, why? Why did you have to do that, I'm really worried about mike, he's not ok."

"I just told you the truth." Richie wasn't the same either, he wasn't making any snarky jokes or comebacks, he never smiled, the twins were wrecked, and It was all by the boy they both loved, Eddie.

"Maybe it wasn't the right time for the truth, Rich."

"I couldn't wait any longer Eddie, I love you and I can't hold it in any longer."

"What about Will, you're just going to ditch him? You know how broken he is."

"Yes, and I also know he doesn't love me anymore."

"He doesn't?"

"No. he's in love with my brother."

"I can't blame him." Eddie said turning his back, he was done talking to Richie

"Eddie, wait."

"No, Richie. I've waited long enough, I'm going to fix things with mike."

And just as Eddie said that, Richie grabbed his shoulder, pulling him around and kissed him.

His lips were so soft, Eddie never wanted him to let go. He tried to push every thought of Mike out of his head, and just focus on Richie now, and it worked.

"Richie, I..."

"Eddie, I love you."

"I love you too, Rich."

"I love you so much."

"Fuck! What am I going to tell Mike."

"Let me tell him."

"Ok, let him down slowly."

"I will." Even though Eddie knew that, that was far from what was going to happen, he just couldn't bare to look into Mike's sad eyes and break his heart one last time.