Chapter Fourteen

It was 7:30 am when the knock came, Mike was awake, staring out the window as the rain fell. Richie was sleeping in and their Aunt who was currently staying with them was not back yet from her date last night. Mike walked down the stairs to the front door, pulling on a coat while he opened it. Standing in the doorframe was the last person Mike expected to see that day, it was Eddie. Eddie's face was covered in water, but not from the rainstorm. His eyes were red, from crying. Eddie collapsed onto Mike's chest and without saying a word, Mike pulled him inside and locked the door.

"Eddie?"
"I'm... so... sorry." Eddie said in between sobs

"Richie's still asleep upstairs, do you want me to get him for you?"

"I came here for... you Mike."

"Eddie, I can't let you back into my life, I care about you too much that everything you do makes me hurt."

"Mike... I still love you, more than Richie and I was wrong to choose him."

"Eddie, you can't break up with him, he needs you."

"I need you."

"Eddie, I can't." Mike said, grabbing Eddie's arm and pulling him up "let's go." he led Eddie up to Richie's room and opened the door finding not only Richie inside there but another boy as well.

"Richie?" Eddie said heartbroken

"Eddie! It's not what it looks like." Richie said getting up, the other boy had sat up and was facing them as well, it was Troy, this Dick from their school

"Troy? Troy? That was who you chose to cheat with?" Mike asked getting closer to Richie.

"Yes, are ya gonna fight me now?"

"Yes." Mike threw a powerful punch at Richie knocking him to the ground, Mike brought his foot down onto Richie's stomach, making him spit out blood.

"If you ever hurt him again, you're not gonna be so lucky as to come out alive." Mike said turning to the door and walking out.

"Mike, you didn't have to stand up for me."

"I wanted to, Eddie I will never stop loving you and if anyone ever hurts you, they'll regret it. Especially my brother."

"Mike I love you so much and I know you probably won't but will you take me back?"

"No Eddie, I can't. I lied before, the true reason why I can't take you back is because I'm in love with someone else."

"You are?" Eddie said starting to cry

"Yes."

"Well, maybe this will change your mind." Eddie pulled Mike closer

"Eddie..." Mike said in protest, but it was too late, Eddie was already kissing him, things escalated fast, very fast.

"Mike I... Love you." Eddie said in between heavy breaths

"I love you too Edds..."

"Take me back."

"Alright, but this needs to be secret." Mike said, Eddie got off Mike and sat up in his bed.

"You mean, I need to stay with Richie and with you?"

"Yes. Are you ok with that?"

"If it means being with you, then yes."

"I love you so damn much Edds." Mike said and that day, Mike lost something that wasn't his happiness.